baking potatoes, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best baking potatoes: Chicken and cheese baked potatoes,Stuffed baked potatoes
Chicken and cheese baked potatoes
- 4 (about 300g each) sebago potatoes, scrubbed, dried
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 200g shredded roast chicken
- 1 cup (80g) grated cheddar
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (90g) light sour cream
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Rub the potatoes with the oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Place the potatoes on the tray and bake for 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before handling.
- Step 2Cut a large cross in the centre of each potato, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- Step 3Fill the centre of each potato with the chicken and then sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Step 4Mash the avocado and lemon juice together. Top the potatoes with the sour cream, avocado and tomato. Serve.
Stuffed baked potatoes
- 4 large potatoes (preferably King Edwards)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (160ml) creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 3 shallots (spring onions), finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 tablespoons Masterfoods Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Wash the potatoes well, then dry. Wrap each potato in foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cut a small slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl with the butter, half the creme fraiche, the parmesan, ham, shallots and half the chopped tomatoes.
- Step 3Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Pile back into potatoes, drizzle with extra olive oil and return to the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce, remaining creme fraiche, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup olive oil in a bowl. Whisk together to form a sauce, then add the basil or parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve the potatoes with the sauce.