beverage ideas, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best beverage ideas: Pineapple and mint punch,Frozen blueberry smoothie,Bloody Mary,Banana smoothie
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons bottled horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco, to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, plus extra to serve (see note)
- 1 cup (250ml) vodka
- Cucumber slices, to serve
- Celery stalks, to serve
- Step 1Place tomatoes, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire, Tabasco and celery salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Season, stir in vodka, then transfer to a serving jug.
- Step 2To serve, pour over ice into chilled glasses, dust with extra celery salt and garnish with cucumber and celery.
Pineapple and mint punch
- 1 (2kg) pineapple, peeled, chopped
- 565g can lychees in syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 litre pineapple juice, chilled
- 750ml ginger beer, chilled
- ice cubes, to serve
- Step 1Place pineapple, undrained lychees and mint in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour into a large jug. Add pineapple juice, ginger beer and ice. Serve.
Frozen blueberry smoothie
- 75g (1/2 cup) frozen blueberries
- 250ml (1 cup) reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat honey yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon wheatgerm
- Step 1Place the frozen blueberries, milk, yoghurt, honey and wheatgerm in the jug of a blender. Blend until smooth and thick. Pour into a serving glass and serve immediately.
- 750ml (3 cups) skim milk
- 6 scoops low-fat vanilla ice-cream (Streets brand)
- 3 ripe bananas, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Step 1Place milk, ice-cream, bananas and maple syrup in a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Step 2Pour into 375ml (1 1/2-cup) serving glasses and serve immediately.