cheap cocktails, looking for these recipes? check this for 7 best cheap cocktails: Caipirinha,Chilli mojito,Cuba libre,Hot buttered rum,Mango daiquiri
- 50ml white rum
- 10ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Half a ripe mango
- Step 1Peel and dice the mango, put all the ingredients in a blender with four ice cubes, give it a whiz and pour into a frosted margarita glass.
Hot buttered rum
- 6 x 7cm cinnamon sticks (see note)
- 250ml (1 cup) dark rum
- 1L (4 cups) apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 6 x 1cm-wide strips orange rind, white pith removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Step 1Divide the cinnamon sticks and rum among heatproof serving glasses or mugs.
- Step 2Place the cider, sugar, cloves and orange rind in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Strain through a fine sieve into a large heatproof jug. Discard the cloves and orange rind.
- Step 3Divide the cider mixture among the glasses. Top each with a teaspoon of butter to serve.
- 170g (3/4 cup) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 16 fresh mint sprigs
- 160ml (2/3 cup) lime cordial
- 2 limes, coarsely chopped
- 24 ice cubes
- 320ml white rum
- Soda water, to serve
- 2 long fresh red chillies (optional), halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place the sugar and chilli flakes in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed. (Alternatively, use a coffee or spice grinder.) Transfer to a small plate.
- Step 2Use a fork to whisk the egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Dip the rim of 1 serving glass into the egg white, then into the chilli mixture to coat. Repeat with the remaining serving glasses. Set aside until set.
- Step 3Divide the mint, cordial and lime among the glasses. Use the end of a rolling pin to gently pound until coarsely crushed. Divide the ice cubes and rum among the glasses. Top with soda water. Add a slice of chilli to each glass, if desired, to serve.
- 8 limes, halved, each half cut into quarters
- 45g (1/4 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 250ml (1 cup) dark rum
- Step 1Place the lime and sugar in a medium plastic bowl and pound with the end of a rolling pin until lime is crushed.
- Step 2Spoon the lime mixture evenly among serving glasses. Top with ice and pour over the rum. Serve immediately.
- 200ml white or dark rum
- Juice of 1 large lime, plus slices to serve
- 1L (4 cups) cola
- Plenty of ice, to serve
- Step 1Mix ingredients in a large jug and serve with the pimientos and dip.