Chicken Leg In Oven
chicken leg in oven, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best chicken leg in oven:
- 1 (about 1.6kg) free-range chicken
- 1 lemon, halved
- 700g small waxy potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 2 small brown onions, chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 1 tablespoon mild sweet paprika
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 50g butter, melted
- 100ml thick cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped tarragon
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash chicken inside and out. Pat dry and place half a lemon in the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Step 2Cut all the vegetables into roughly equal-sized pieces and place in the base of a large casserole dish.
- Step 3Sprinkle the chicken with paprika, and season with sea salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frypan over medium heat and fry chicken until golden on all sides. Place chicken in casserole with vegetables and pour in enough stock to come halfway up sides of vegetables – the tops of the vegies should be sticking out. Add the bay leaf and thyme, then cover and bake for 1 hour, basting the chicken with stock every 15 minutes.
- Step 4Increase the oven to 220°C.
- Step 5Remove the chicken from the casserole and set aside to rest. Place the vegetables on a baking tray, brush with the melted butter and roast for 10 minutes to crisp. Pour the sauce from the casserole dish into a saucepan and simmer over high heat until reduced and thickened. Add the cream, juice of the remaining lemon half and the tarragon. Taste for seasoning.
- Step 6Carve the chicken and serve with the vegetables and sauce.
Stuffed lamb leg roast
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch silverbeet, de-stemmed, chopped
- 40g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 500g mini lamb leg roast
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 125ml (1⁄2 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 truss tomatoes, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook half the rind and half the garlic for 30 seconds. Add 50g silverbeet. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Cool. Stir in haloumi.
- Step 2Make a cut through lamb (do not cut all the way through). Stuff with silverbeet mixture. Tie with kitchen string. Combine coriander, garam masala and cumin in a bowl. Rub over lamb.
- Step 3Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil. Cook lamb for 2-3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a roasting pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes for medium. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside to rest. Simmer stock and vinegar in roasting pan over medium heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Keep warm. Slice lamb.
- Step 4Cook remaining oil, rind and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 30 seconds. Stir in beans and tomato for 1 minute. Add remaining silverbeet and cook, tossing, until wilted. Stir in 2 tsp lemon juice. Season. Serve with lamb and pan juices.
Sticky sesame chicken legs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Step 1Combine the soy sauce, honey, rice wine, ginger and garlic in a glass or ceramic dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Place the chicken on the lined tray.
- Step 3Bake in oven, basting occasionally with reserved marinade, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and the juices run clear when the thickest part of the leg is pierced with a skewer.
Turmeric rice with chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken legs
- 2 cups (400g) Basmati rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Tzatziki, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add 8 chicken legs, turn until golden. Remove. Saute 1 onion, chopped.
- Step 2Stir in 2 cups (400g) basmati rice, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, 1 tablespoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon ground coriander, 2 teaspoons ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder. Transfer to a 4 litre ovenproof dish. Top with chicken. Pour over 1L (4 cups) chicken stock.
- Step 3Bake for 40 minutes. Remove chicken and stir 1/2 cup chopped coriander and 3 tomatoes, chopped, through rice. Serve with chicken and tzatziki.
Asian roasted chicken legs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 medium (about 125g each) chicken drumsticks
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) white long-grain rice
- 120g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- Step 1Combine the hoisin sauce, golden syrup and oil in a large shallow dish. Use a sharp knife to make two 4cm long diagonal slits in the surface of each chicken drumstick. Add the chicken drumsticks to the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes (or longer if time permits) to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the chicken on the lined tray. Cook in preheated oven, basting with the marinade every 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan by the absorption method, following packet directions, until tender (see microwave tip).
- Step 4Divide the spinach among serving plates and top with the chicken. Serve accompanied by the rice.
Roast chicken legs
- 12-14 chicken drumsticks
- 40ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 250g pumpkin, chopped
- 250g sweet potatoes, chopped
- Mixed fresh herbs
- 250g carrot, chopped
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 head cauliflower
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Lightly rub chicken drumsticks with oil and seasoning. Place into a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour.
- Step 3Drizzle pumpkin, sweet potato and potatoes with oil and season. Add herbs. Place in a roasting pan and add to oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Step 4Just before serving, steam the cauliflower and broccoli and serve with the chicken and roast vegetables.