Easy Sweet Cocktails
easy sweet cocktails, looking for these recipes? check this for 7 best easy sweet cocktails: Prawn cocktails,Pomegranate cocktails,Frozen mango and vodka cocktails,Creamy chocolate and hazelnut cocktail,Coronation prawn cocktail,Watermelon & fetta prawn cocktails,Spicy prawn cocktail
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (bottled)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 5cm (40g) piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup orange juice, strained
- 750ml bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Step 1Combine pomegranate juice, sugar and ginger in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced by a third. Strain into a jug. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Step 2Place 2 teaspoons pomegranate syrup and 1 tablespoon orange juice in each wine glass. Top with the wine. Serve immediately.
- 1kg medium cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, (discard tails)
- 1 medium avocado, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet chilli sauce
- Small dill sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Cut 12 prawns in half lengthways. Chop remaining prawns. Place chopped prawns, avocado, onion and half the lettuce in a bowl.
- Step 2Combine yoghurt, lemon rind, lemon juice and sweet chilli sauce in a jug. Add to prawn mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Arrange remaining lettuce onto 24 serving spoons. Top with prawn mixture. Arrange 1 prawn half on each spoon. Serve garnished with dill.
Coronation prawn cocktail
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons sweet mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 100ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 200ml whole-egg mayonnaise
- 150ml Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 butter lettuce, outer leaves removed, washed
- 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, thinly sliced
- 20 cooked king prawns, peeled, with tails on
- Cooked pappadums, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a small saucepan, add the onion and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the curry powder, lemon juice, chutney, tomato puree, stock and cook for 2 minutes or until liquid reduces a little. Set aside to cool. Transfer to a food processor with the mayonnaise and yoghurt, process to combine.
- Step 2Divide lettuce leaves between 4 bowls, arrange slices of avocado and mango and prawns on top. Drizzle with sauce and serve with pappadums.
Frozen mango and vodka cocktails
- 4 large mangoes, peeled, flesh chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 80g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) finely chopped palm sugar
- 240g (2 punnets) raspberries
- 500ml (2 cups) vodka
- Step 1Spread chopped mango over a tray. Place in freezer for 3 hours or until frozen.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until liquid reduces by one-third (see microwave tip). Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 3Place raspberries and sugar mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth.
- Step 4Place half the frozen mango and vodka in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large jug. Repeat with remaining mango and vodka.
- Step 5To serve, layer the mango and raspberry purees among serving glasses and serve immediately.
Creamy chocolate and hazelnut cocktail
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Frangelico liqueur
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Kahlua liqueur
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoons bought chocolate sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cup ice cubes
- Honey, extra, to serve
- Chocolate sprinkles, to serve
- Step 1Place the Frangelico, Baileys, Kahlua, cream, chocolate sauce, honey and ice cubes in the jug of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Step 2Place extra honey in a bowl. Place chocolate sprinkles on a plate. Dip the rim of each serving glass in honey, then in chocolate sprinkles to coat. Divide the cream mixture among the glasses to serve.
Watermelon & fetta prawn cocktails
- 750g seedless watermelon, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 400g cooked prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch caster sugar
- 50g feta
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Step 1Combine watermelon and prawns in a large bowl and set aside until needed.
- Step 2Combine lemon juice, oil and sugar in a jug. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over watermelon mixture and toss to combine. Divide among serving glasses. Crumble fetta over watermelon and top with mint to serve.
Spicy prawn cocktail
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (see note)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled (deveined)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Step 1Combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Step 2Divide lettuce among 6 serving glasses and top with cucumber and avocado. Pile the prawns on top and drizzle with the sauce. Serve sprinkled with paprika and chives.