fruit cocktail, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best fruit cocktail: Sparkling fruit cocktail,Sparkling fruit salad,Fruit slice with custard
Fruit slice with custard
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 415g canned fruit cocktail in natural syrup, drained
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 30g brown sugar
- 400ml thickened cream
- 100ml milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line the base of a 4cm-deep, 18cm x 25cm lamington pan.
- Step 2Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and oil, mix until well combined, then carefully stir through the drained fruit. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Step 3Combine the coconut and brown sugar in a bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the slice mixture.
- Step 4Place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool in the pan, then slice.
- Step 5To make the custard, heat the cream, milk, and the vanilla pod and seeds in a saucepan until scalding point. Remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes to infuse.
- Step 6Place the egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a bowl and beat until pale. Strain the cream into the egg mixture, then beat to combine.
- Step 7Return to a clean saucepan and stir over low heat for about 2-3 minutes or until custard thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Step 8To serve, pour warm custard over each fruit slice.
Sparkling fruit cocktail
- 8 sugar cubes
- 16 frozen raspberries
- 24 thin orange rind strips
- 2 x 750ml bottles sparkling white wine, chilled
- Step 1Place 1 sugar cube, 2 raspberries and 3 orange strips in each of 8 champagne flutes. Top with sparkling wine. Serve.
Sparkling fruit salad
- 1/4 honeydew melon, peeled, seeds removed
- 1/4 rockmelon, peeled, seeds removed
- 500g seedless watermelon, rind removed
- 1/2 large pineapple, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mint, shredded
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure icing sugar
- 1 cup pink sparkling wine, chilled
- Step 1Thinly slice honeydew, rockmelon, watermelon and pineapple. Arrange fruit and mint in layers in a large, shallow bowl.
- Step 2Stir icing sugar and sparkling wine in a jug until icing sugar is dissolved. Pour over fruit. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow flavours to develop. Spoon into bowl. Serve.