Green Been Casserole
green been casserole, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best green been casserole:
Ma's tuna casserole
- 500g penne pasta
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and corn, defrosted
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 (425g) can tuna in brine (brine reserved)
- 1 (440g) can pineapple pieces in juice (juice reserved)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 100g tasty cheese, for topping
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Boil pasta in boiling water until tender. Drain. Pour pasta into a large casserole baking dish.
- Step 3Finely dice all fresh vegetables, add to baking dish with the peas, corn and pasta. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove.
- Step 4Add tuna (reserve brine), pineapple pieces (reserve juice) and sun-dried tomatoes. Return to oven and bake for a further 5 minutes, stir well. Set aside.
- Step 5Meanwhile make white sauce: In a non-stick saucepan melt butter. Add enough plain flour to create lumps.
- Step 6Slowly, mix in tuna brine, pineapple juice and milk a little at a time. Stir each time until it forms a thick paste.
- Step 7Add parsley, tasty cheese, salt and pepper, to taste. Finally, add the cream and stir well.
- Step 8Slowly add warm white sauce to the tuna mix in a large casserole dish. Stir well. Sprinkle tasty cheese over top and bake in moderate oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Beef and mushroom casserole
- 1.5kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch (400g) spring onions, white part, cut in half lengthways
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel beef stock
- 3/4 cup (180ml) tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stalks fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 300g button mushrooms, chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160C fan-forced.
- Step 2Toss beef in combined flour, salt and pepper and shake away excess.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and cook beef in batches until well browned. Remove from dish.
- Step 4Add spring onions to dish and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Step 5Return beef to pan with wine and simmer uncovered for 1 minute. Add stock, tomato puree, bay leaf and herbs and bring to the boil. Cover dish tightly with a lid or foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Step 6Add mushrooms to dish, stir to combine. Cook covered for a further 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Step 7Just before serving add spinach and stir until just wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with mashed potato and green beans.
Slow cooker casserole
- 1.5kg diced beef (see note)
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100g green beans
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 pkts french onion soup
- Step 1Put all items into the slow cooker. Fill with water until just covered.
- Step 2Cook, on high, for up to 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
Chicken and chorizo casserole – slow cooker
- 1kg chicken thighs, chopped
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 chorizo, sliced
- 2 cups diced bacon or ham
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 340g tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco or cayenne, optional
- 2 chopped green capsicum
- Step 1Brown chicken and add to slow cooker with all ingredients except capsicum.
- Step 2Cook for 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high in slow cooker, adding the capsicum 45 minutes before serving. Serve over rice.