Homemade Taco Seasoning
homemade taco seasoning, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best homemade taco seasoning:
Chicken tacos with tomato salsa and guacamole
- 2 large Lilydale Free Range Chicken breasts (approx 500g)
- 30g packet taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g tomato medley, roughly diced
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 12 white corn tortillas, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Sour cream, to serve
- Step 1Slice breasts into 4 to 5 long strips. Place chicken in a large snaplock bag with taco seasoning and shake to coat. Season.
- Step 2Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken for 6 to 7 minutes, turning often, or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate covered with foil for 5 minutes. Slice if desired.
- Step 3Meanwhile combine tomato, corn, green onions, and chopped coriander in a medium bowl. Season and drizzle with remaining olive oil and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Step 4In another medium bowl, combine avocado, red onion and remaining lime juice. Season.
- Step 5Heat tortillas according to packet directions. Serve with chicken, tomato salsa, guacamole, lime wedges, coriander sprigs and sour cream, if desired.
Mexican beef and bean calzone
- 340g (2 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon (1 sachet) dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 30g pkt taco seasoning
- 100g colby cheese, diced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Sour cream or yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Place flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Make a well and add yeast and sugar. Pour in warm water, 1 tbs oil and chilli, if using. Use a flat-bladed knife to stir until dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3-4 minutes, until dough is smooth.
- Step 2Lightly spray a large bowl with oil. Place dough in bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30-40 minutes, until dough has doubled in size.
- Step 3Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the mince, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in beans and taco seasoning. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer for 5-10 minutes more or until liquid has reduced. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 210C/190C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Punch down dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface until smooth. Divide into 6 portions. Roll each into an 18-20cm disc.
- Step 5Stir cheese into mince mixture. Spoon one-sixth of mixture onto half of each disc. Brush edges with water. Fold discs into half moons. Press edges to seal. Place on the prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Serve with avocado, salad leaves, lime cheeks and sour cream, if using.