Liquor Mixing Recipes
liquor mixing recipes, looking for these recipes? check this for 7 best liquor mixing recipes: Lime marmalade by Matt Preston
Lime marmalade by Matt Preston
- 22 limes (2kg)
- 2kg sugar
- Step 1Soak all the limes in warm water for a few hours before drying then juicing. Put juice aside.
- Step 2Using a sharp knife, cut the lime into quarters and cut out the top (where the twig attaches).
- Step 3Slice the skins of the limes into thin slices. Place the slivers of skin into a wide-mouthed, heavybottomed large pan. Pour in half the juice and top up to cover the skins with water.
- Step 4Simmer until the skins are tender. This process will take at least an hour.
- Step 5When cooked, mix in the sugar and the remaining juice into the skins and the liquor they now sit in.
- Step 6Stir in the sugar until it dissolves. Bring to the boil and let it bubble away, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon until the liquor starts to gel. This will take about 20 minutes. You will notice the spoon resisting moving through the nascent lime marmalade and see that when you lift up the spoon, the lime liquor will drip more slowly and look more gel-like.
- Step 7Now the marmalade is ready.
- Step 8Pour the jam into the sterilised jars and seal with sterilised lids.