margarita mixes, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best margarita mixes: Margarita,Passionfruit margarita sorbet
- 180ml tequila
- 90ml Cointreau
- 90ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups ice
- sea salt, to serve
- Step 1Place 6 cocktail glasses into the fridge.
- Step 2Combine half the tequila, half the Cointreau, half the lemon juice and half the ice in a food processor. Pulse on and off until ice is crushed.
- Step 3Spread salt onto a sheet of baking paper. Remove 3 glasses from fridge. Dip rim of each glass into salt. Fill glasses with margarita mix. Repeat with remaining ingredients and glasses. Serve.
Passionfruit margarita sorbet
- 2kg passionfruit
- 25ml Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 100ml tequila
- 1/2 cup (1100g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- Step 1Cut passionfruit in half then, using a spoon, scoop pulp into a bowl (you will need 3 cups of pulp for this recipe). Process passionfruit pulp in a food processor for 10 seconds or until seeds separate from juice. Strain mixture through a fine sieve into a large bowl, pressing down on seeds with the back of a wooden spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Reserve 1/4 cup passionfruit seeds (discard remainder) then combine with passionfruit juice.
- Step 2Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over high heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils. Boil for a further 10 seconds, then remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Step 3Combining passionfruit mixture and sugar syrup, then freeze for 6 hours or until frozen. At the same time, place a bowl from an electric mixer into the fridge or freezer until chilled. Remove sorbet from freezer then, using a wooden spoon, break sorbet into smaller pieces. Place sorbet in the chilled mixing bowl, and use the paddle attachment of your electric mixer to beat for 2 minutes or until smooth. Level surface, then return to freezer for at least 2 hours or until firm. Alternatively, freeze mixture in an ice-cream maker, following manufacturer’s instructions.