prepared drinks, looking for these recipes? check this for 6 best prepared drinks: Chocolate cream cake,Raspberry and lime margarita,Herb, cream cheese and salmon muffins,Watermelon, ginger & mint punch,Nutella and Baileys martini,Baileys and cream Easter egg cocktail
Watermelon, ginger & mint punch
- 2kg seedless watermelon, halved, rind removed
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 750ml (3 cups) chilled ginger ale
- 375ml (11/2 cups) chilled vodka
- 750ml (3 cups) chilled sparkling wine
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- Step 1Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cut half the watermelon into 2cm pieces. place, in a single layer, on the prepared tray. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until frozen.
- Step 2Coarsely chop the remaining watermelon. Blend in a blender until smooth. Strain the watermelon puree through a fine sieve into a jug, gently pressing with the back of a spoon. Discard any solids. Place the watermelon juice in the fridge to chill.
- Step 3Stir the sugar and lemon juice in a punch bowl or large serving jug until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the watermelon juice, ginger ale, vodka and wine until well combined. Stir in the mint and frozen watermelon pieces.
Chocolate cream cake
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup drinking chocolate
- 250g packet Arnott's Choc Ripple biscuits
- White chocolate curls, to serve (see tip)
- Step 1Using an electric mixer, beat cream and drinking chocolate until stiff peaks form.
- Step 2Spread 2 tablespoons cream mixture along a plate. Sandwich biscuits together with half the remaining cream mixture. Assemble biscuits upright on prepared plate to form a log. Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of log. Cover and refrigerate overnight (see note).
- Step 3Top cake with chocolate curls. Slice on an angle to create a striped effect. Serve.
Raspberry and lime margarita
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 300g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons pure icing sugar
- 90ml tequila
- 40ml triple sec liqueur
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Step 1Cut limes in half. Cut 1 wedge from 1 lime. Juice remaining lime halves (you will need 2 tablespoons lime juice). Place salt on a plate. Rub rims of glasses with lime wedge. Lightly dip rims in salt.
- Step 2Blend lime juice, raspberries and sugar until smooth. Strain into a jug. Clean blender.
- Step 3Return mixture to blender. Add tequila, triple sec and ice. Blend until slushy. Pour into prepared glasses. Serve.
Herb, cream cheese and salmon muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 150g smoked salmon, sliced
- Extra dill sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan-forced. Grease 2 x 12 hole, 2 tablespoon-capacity flat-based patty pans. Combine the flour sugar, dill, parsley and green onion in a bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Step 2Add milk, egg, oil and garlic. Mix until just combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture evenly between holes of prepared pans.
- Step 3Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Step 4Serve muffins topped with cream cheese, salmon and extra dill.
Baileys and cream Easter egg cocktail
- 8 mini crème chocolate eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream, plus extra whipped cream to serve
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Dutch-processed cocoa, to serve
- Step 1Thread 1 chocolate egg onto each swizzle stick. Drizzle syrup on a small plate. Dip rims of 8 x 2/3-cup-capacity glasses into syrup.
- Step 2Place half the Irish cream, vodka and thickened cream in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Strain mixture into half the prepared glasses. Repeat with remaining Irish cream, vodka, thickened cream, ice and prepared glasses.
- Step 3Dollop cocktails with extra whipped cream and dust lightly with cocoa. Top each glass with a swizzle stick. Serve.
Nutella and Baileys martini
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons Dutch-processed cocoa
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vodka
- Ice cubes, to serve
- Step 1Place milk, cream, cocoa and 2 tablespoons Nutella in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Step 2Place hazelnuts on a plate. Spread the remaining Nutella on a small plate. Dip the rim of 2 x 2/3-cup-capacity martini glasses into Nutella. Dip in hazelnuts to coat.
- Step 3Place Nutella mixture, Baileys and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice cubes. Secure lid. Shake vigorously until well combined. Using a cocktail strainer, strain mixture into prepared glasses. Serve.