Recipe For Crepes
recipe for crepes, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipe for crepes:
Mini Vietnamese crepes
- 30 cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, halved lengthways
- 50g (1/2 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Sweet chilli sauce or Vietnamese dipping sauce, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 175g (1 cup) rice flour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (about 150g) carrot, julienned
- Step 1For the crepes, combine the rice flour, cornflour, sugar, salt and turmeric in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the coconut milk and 250ml (1 cup) water. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, for the pickled carrot, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt and 80ml (1/3 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Place the carrot in a heatproof bowl and pour over the vinegar mixture. Set aside to cool. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until required.
- Step 3Drain the carrot, discarding the liquid. Place the carrot in a bowl. Add the prawns, sprouts, chilli and coriander. Toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until required.
- Step 4Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until hot. Spray with oil. Give the crepe mixture a good stir. Carefully drop 1 tablespoonful of the batter into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a wire rack. Continue with the remaining batter, reheating the pan between batches and stirring the batter often.
- Step 5Spoon some prawn mixture into the centre of each crepe. Serve with sweet chilli or dipping sauce and lime wedges.
Simple crepe recipe
- 1 cup plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Step 1Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Blend until smooth. Add a little water and mix to desired consistency. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, pour batter over pan, tilting from side to side so batter covers base in a thin film. Cook pancake for about 1 minute or until underside is golden, then use a spatula to flip. Cook other side for just under a minute until golden. Repeat with remaining mixture, spraying pan with cooking oil between pancakes.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 50g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 oranges, peeled, thinly sliced
- Step 1Sift flour into a bowl. Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add milk mixture to flour. Whisk until well combined.
- Step 2Spray a medium, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Pour 2 1/2 tablespoons batter into pan. Swirl to cover base. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden. Turn over and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Step 3Place butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is golden. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Add orange juice. Return pan to heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is smooth.
- Step 5Fold crepes in half. Top with orange slices. Fold in half again to enclose filling. Serve with sauce.
Basic crepe recipe
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 240ml milk
- 2 eggs
- Step 1Place ingredients in a food processor or blender with a pinch of salt.
- Step 2Blend until smooth, then strain into a jug. Cover and set aside to rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Step 3Dip a piece of paper towel in melted butter and use to brush base of a 16cm non-stick crepe pan or frypan over medium heat. When hot, pour in just enough batter to cover the base. Tilt pan so batter covers base in a thin film and pour any excess back into the jug. Cook crepe for about 1 minute until underside is golden, then use a metal spatula to flip. Cook other side for just under a minute until golden.
- Step 4Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat for remaining crepe mixture, stacking crepes on the plate as you go.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g button mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Step 1Process flour, milk and egg in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a jug. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter.
- Step 2Pour 1/4 cup of batter into hot pan. Tilt to cover base with mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until underside is golden. Turn. Cook for 1 minute. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add onions and sauce. Cook for 1 minute. Season.
- Step 4Spoon mushroom mixture onto crepes. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll crepes. Place into an ovenproof dish.
- Step 5Sprinkle crepes with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until hot.
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 40g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 400g salmon fillets, cut into bite size pieces (2cm x 2cm bits or a little larger)
- 12 small scallops, cut in to bite size pieces
- 8 tiger prawns, peeled and cut in to bite size pieces
- 25g butter, unsalted, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 limes, for garnish
- Step 1Sift flour and salt together. Make a well in the centre. Combine milk and eggs then pour slowly over flour and mix together with a whisk. Whisk in butter last. Let the crepe mix sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to an hour so the air bubbles can relax in the mixture.
- Step 2Place a little butter in a pan (medium heat) and pour in around 1/4 cup of crepe mix. Swirl the pan around to ensure the crepe mixture has completely covered the pan. Cook each side then set crepe aside. Continue until all crepe mixture is used.
- Step 3Place vegetable stock, wine and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add seafood, heat until cooked, then drain. Set aside.
- Step 4Make Béchamel sauce: Melt butter on a low heat in a pan, add flour stir and cook for 3 minutes. Gradually add the milk. Keep stirring until it resembles a thick sauce. Add remaining of ingredients. Cook on a low heat for 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add the seafood, cooking for 1 minute until warm through. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Place seafood béchamel sauce in the centre of a crepe and fold over. Pour more sauce over top of crepe. Serve with fresh lime.