recipe waffles, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipe waffles:
Waffles with rhubarb
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- good pinch ground ginger
- 4 waffles
- 4 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Step 1Place rhubarb, caster sugar, orange rind, 2 tablespoons juice, and ginger into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, toast the waffles and place onto serving plates. Top each waffle with rhubarb mixture, and serve with a scoop of ice-cream.
Roast strawberry compote with waffles
- 250g punnet strawberries, hulled, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Waffles, toasted to serve
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place the strawberries in a baking dish.
- Step 2Combine the honey, orange juice and vanilla seeds and bean. Drizzle over strawberries. Roast for 15 minutes or until strawberries are tender. Spoon over waffles. Serve with dollops of thick Greek yoghurt.
Hash brown waffles
- 1kg desiree potatoes, peeled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 200g packet streaky bacon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 x 310g packets gem truss tomatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g baby rocket
- 1/2 cup quark cheese, to serve (see notes)
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Step 1Preheat waffle maker following manufacturer’s directions. Coarsely grate potato. Squeeze as much liquid from the potato as possible. Place in a bowl. Add onion, garlic, parsley, mustard, flour, salt, egg and milk. Season with pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Spoon 2 tablespoons batter onto one half of the waffle maker. Repeat with other half of the waffle maker to make 2 small waffles. Close lid. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack set over a baking tray. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 18 small waffles in total.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 4Place a wire rack over 1 prepared tray. Place bacon, in a single layer, on the wire rack. Combine sugar and maple syrup in a bowl. Brush syrup mixture over bacon. Bake for 15 minutes, brushing bacon with maple syrup mixture every 5 minutes.
- Step 5Place tomatoes on remaining prepared tray. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes with bacon for a further 15 minutes, brushing bacon with maple syrup mixture every 5 minutes, or until bacon is golden and sticky and tomatoes are beginning to collapse.
- Step 6Arrange waffles, tomatoes, bacon and rocket on a serving board. Drizzle quark cheese with oil and season with pepper. Serve.
Picnic waffle ice-cream cake
- 4 Cadbury Picnic bars
- 14 retangular waffles
- 3 x 475ml tubs Cadbury picnic ice-cream
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Step 1Toast the waffles in a toaster. Place flat onto a chopping board to cool.
- Step 2Line a 6cm-deep, 10 x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the two long sides to overhang. Line the base and sides of the pan with waffles, trimming to fit.
- Step 3Coarsely chop 2 chocolate bars. Remove the cardboard from 1 ice-cream tub. Cut the ice-cream into 3 slices from top to bottom. Place into the lined pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface. Sprinkle with half the chopped chocolate. Repeat with the remaining ice-cream and chopped chocolate, finishing with a layer of ice-cream. Top with the remaining waffles, pressing down firmly. Cover with overhanging paper. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Step 4Stir sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat, brushing down the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 5 minutes or until deep golden. Remove from the heat and stir in 1⁄2 cup cream (be careful, it may spit). Pour into a heatproof jug and set aside to cool and thicken.
- Step 5Whisk the remaining 1/2 cup cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Thickly slice the remaining chocolate bars. Unmould the cake onto a serving board. Top with whipped cream and sliced chocolate. Drizzle with caramel sauce.
Caramel custard waffle bake with bananas
- 300ml pouring cream
- 20g butter
- 250ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthways and crossways
- 200g pkt frozen waffles, thawed
- 240g brown sugar, plus extra 2 tablespoons
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150C/130C fan forced. Lightly grease a 1.5L (6 cup) ovenproof baking dish with spray oil.
- Step 2Place the brown sugar and 185ml (3 ⁄4 cup) of the cream in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium- high heat then simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 3Lightly beat eggs in a bowl. Pour in milk, vanilla and remaining cream. Whisk until combined. Reserve 80ml (1 ⁄3 cup) of the caramel sauce. Gradually pour the remaining caramel sauce into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Step 4Place prepared dish in a deep ovenproof baking tray and carefully strain the caramel custard over the base of the dish. Carefully lay the waffles, overlapping, on top of the caramel mixture. Fill baking tray with boiling water so it comes halfway up the side of the dish. Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the custard is just set and waffles are crisp.
- Step 5Meanwhile, melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the cut sides of the banana with the extra brown sugar. Cook, cut-side down, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned and caramelised. (Do not overcook or the banana will go soft.)
- Step 6Divide the waffles, caramel custard and caramelised bananas among serving bowls. Top with vanilla ice-cream and a dusting of icing sugar, if you like. Drizzle with the reserved caramel sauce to serve.