recipes crock, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipes crock:
- 150g butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Nestle Top 'n' Fill Caramel
- 453g Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Frosting
- 50g Rolo chocolates
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Line 14 1/3-cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Step 2Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Step 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and buttermilk until smooth.
- Step 4Spoon two-thirds of the mixture evenly among the prepared pans.
- Step 5Use a teaspoon to make a small indent in the centre of each cupcake. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the caramel into the centre of each pan. Top with the remaining mixture and smooth the surface.
- Step 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Step 7Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 8Spread the chocolate frosting over the cupcakes. Cut each Rolo chocolate in half. Top each cake with two pieces of Rolo.
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour, sifted
- 250ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 x 453g ctns Betty Crocker Creamy Deluxe Vanilla Frosting
- Pink food colouring
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
Sugared rose petals
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 large fresh roses, petals separated reserving 1 rosebud (see note)
- 100g-215g (1/2-1 cup) caster sugar
- Step 1To make the sugared rose petals, lightly whisk the egg white in a bowl. Lightly brush the petals and reserved rosebud with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar and shake off excess. Transfer to a lined tray and set aside for 2-3 hours or overnight, or until dry.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) round cake pan. Line the base and side with baking paper to reach 4cm above the side of the pan.
- Step 3Use an electric beater to beat the butter, vanilla bean paste and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Step 4Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Fold in flour and buttermilk, in alternating batches, until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 5Meanwhile, to make the sugar syrup, stir the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Step 6Use an electric beater to beat the frosting in a bowl until thick and spreadable. Beat in the food colouring, a few drops at a time, until you reach the desired colour (see note).
- Step 7Use a large serrated knife to trim the top from the cake. Cut horizontally into 3 even layers. Place 1 cake layer on a cake stand or plate. Brush with some of the sugar syrup. Spread with a thin layer of frosting. Continue layering with sugar syrup, frosting and the remaining cake. Spread the remaining frosting over the top and side of the cake. Use a spatula to make furrows up the side of the cake.
- Step 8Place the sugared rosebud on the centre of the cake. Decorate with sugared rose petals, layering in concentric circles, to represent an open rose.