Recipes For Chicken Drumsticks
recipes for chicken drumsticks, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipes for chicken drumsticks:
Barbecued honey and orange-glazed drumsticks
- 4 large coliban potatoes
- Olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 rashers shortcut bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 80g salad leaves, to serve
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into sticks, to serve
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue hotplate (with hood) on medium heat.
- Step 2Prick potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a large microwave-safe plate lined with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes. Spray potatoes with oil. Wrap each in foil. Place on barbecue hotplate. Cook, with hood closed, turning occasionally for 25 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine honey, barbecue sauce, orange juice, garlic and paprika in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reserve 1/2 the sauce.
- Step 4Place chicken in a disposable foil baking tray. Brush with a little of the sauce. Place baking tray on hotplate with potatoes. Cook, with hood closed, for a further 15 to 20 minutes, turning chicken and potatoes occasionally and brushing chicken with sauce, until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.
- Step 5Meanwhile, cook bacon in a small frying pan over medium heat until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Cool for 5 minutes. Combine bacon, cheese, chives and sour cream in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6Carefully unwrap potatoes. Cut a cross in the top of each potato. Squeeze the base of potatoes to open tops. Dollop with sour cream mixture. Serve potatoes with chicken, salad leaves, tomato and cucumber, and reserved sauce.
Italian-style chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 100g pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked Basic tomato sauce (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup black or green olives
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and pancetta. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in tomato sauce and wine or stock. Bring to the boil.
- Step 2Place chicken into a shallow 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish in a single layer. Pour over hot sauce. Press lemon wedges and olives into sauce. Bake, uncovered,for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Lemon baked chicken drumsticks
- 40g butter, cut into 8 cubes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Fresh herbs or dried herbs, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 125ml white wine
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Cut eight small pieces of butter, no more than a teaspoon each. Lightly rub each piece over a drumstick then stuff between the skin and meat. Repeat for all chicken pieces then place in a baking tray, butter side up.
- Step 3Sprinkle zest and herbs over drumsticks then season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour the lemon juice over the chicken then follow with a good-sized glug of wine.
- Step 4Bake uncovered in oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until chicken is cooked through and the skin is crispy and golden.
- Step 5Serve with brown rice and steamed greens.
Crunchy chicken drumsticks
- 3 1/2 cups cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons Masterfoods Paprika Ground
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 8 large chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- olive oil cooking spray
- steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Using your hands, gently crush cornflakes over a large bowl. Add paprika, lemon pepper and garlic salt. Stir until well combined.
- Step 2Place flour and buttermilk in separate shallow dishes. Dip drumsticks, 1 at a time, in flour to coat, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk and turn to coat.
- Step 3While drumsticks are still moist (this ensures crumbs cling), coat in cornflakes mixture, pressing on with fingertips.
- Step 4Place on prepared tray. Spray drumsticks with oil. Roast for 40 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with steamed vegetables.
Tandoori chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup tandoori paste
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 8 large (1.3kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed baby spinach
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine tandoori paste, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons yoghurt in a large bowl. Add drumsticks. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits.
- Step 2Combine garlic, cumin, cucumber, remaining lemon juice and remaining yoghurt in a bowl. Cover. Refrigerate.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook drumsticks for 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to prepared tray. Bake, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 4Spoon rice into bowls. Top with drumsticks. Add spinach to baking tray. Toss to coat in juices. Top drumsticks with spinach mixture and remaining tray juices. Serve with yoghurt mixture.
Lemony drumsticks with cheat's aioli
- 8 (920g total) chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- Step 1Place chicken drumsticks in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add yoghurt. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make Cheat’s aioli: Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Cut top from garlic bulb to expose cloves. Discard top. Place bulb in the centre of a 20cm piece of foil. Drizzle with oil. Gather foil and twist at top to enclose garlic. Roast for 50 minutes or until tender. Stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Squeeze garlic from skin. Mash. Discard skin. Place mayonnaise in a bowl. Stir in garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cover.
- Step 3Line 1 large baking tray with baking paper. Place flour, lemon pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a snap-lock bag. Remove chicken from yoghurt. Discard yoghurt. Coat chicken, 1 piece at a time, in flour mixture. Place on prepared tray. Spray with oil.
- Step 4Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, turning and spraying with oil halfway through cooking, or until golden and cooked through. Serve hot or cold with lemon.