Recipes For Zucchinis
recipes for zucchinis, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best recipes for zucchinis: Zucchini chips,Classic zucchini slice,Mexican zucchini slice,Flatbreads with prawns and zucchini,BBQ cauliflower and zucchini pizza
- 4 zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 40g (1/3 cup) almond meal
- 50g (1/4 cup) semolina
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut zucchini on the diagonal into 1cm thick slices, then cut into 1cm batons (about 3 batons per slice).
- Step 2Place zucchini batons in a colander set over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain.
- Step 3Combine almond meal, semolina, parmesan, thyme, garlic powder and lemon rind in a bowl. Pat zucchini dry with paper towel. Place the egg in a shallow bowl. Working in batches, dip zucchini batons in egg, draining off excess. Toss in semolina mixture, to coat. Place, in a single layer, on the prepared tray. Spray well with olive oil and bake, turning chips every 10 minutes, for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with sea salt and serve immediately.
Flatbreads with prawns and zucchini
- 2 1/2 cups (375g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups (330ml) buttermilk
- 2 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 4 yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 300g tub Coles Danish Fetta, drained reserving 2 tbs marinade
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Step 1Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk and stir to combine. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 1 min or until the dough comes together. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for 30 mins to rest.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the zucchini, squash, chilli, if using, vinegar and reserved marinade from the fetta in a medium bowl and gently toss to combine. Season. Set aside for 5 mins to develop the flavours. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with fetta.
- Step 3Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick, 20cm-long oval. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the flatbreads, in batches, for 1-2 mins each side or until charred and cooked through.
- Step 4Place the prawns in a serving bowl. Serve the flatbreads with the prawns and zucchini salad.
Mexican zucchini slice
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 40g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to serve
- 60g chedder cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- Sriracha, to drizzle
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a 26cm ovenproof frying pan with oil.
- Step 2Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl until combined. Add spice mix and season well. Add zucchini, carrot, shallot and peas. Add flour, coriander and half the cheese. Stir until combined.
- Step 3Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 4Top with avocado, tomato and extra coriander. Drizzle with sriracha
Classic zucchini slice
- 2 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 60g pkt Coles Australian Baby Spinach, finely shredded
- 1 tbs coarsely chopped dill
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) frozen peas
- 5 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan and line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Step 2Combine the zucchini, spring onion, spinach, dill, flour, cheddar, half the fetta and 1 cup (120g) of the peas in a bowl.
- Step 3Whisk the egg, milk and oil in a small bowl. Add to the zucchini mixture and stir to combine. Season. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle with remaining peas and fetta.
- Step 4Bake for 40 mins or until the slice is firm to the touch. Serve warm or at room temperature.
BBQ cauliflower and zucchini pizza
- 2 x 250g pkts fresh pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (40g) cashews
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 120g pkt Coles Australian Baby Rocket
- 1/4 cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced crossways
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 175g mixed tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60g) reduced-fat ricotta
- 2 tbs finely grated parmesan
- Step 1Place each dough portion on a lightly floured work surface. Set aside for 1 hour to bring to room temperature.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the cashews, garlic, oil, lemon juice and half the rocket in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Season. Reserve ¼ cup (65g) of the pesto in a bowl.
- Step 3Preheat a covered barbecue on high. Roll out 1 dough portion to a 16cm x 35cm oval shape. Transfer to a large sheet of baking paper. Repeat with remaining dough portion.
- Step 4Spread remaining pesto evenly over pizza bases. Top with the cauliflower, zucchini, onion, tomato and ricotta. Sprinkle with the parmesan. Season.
- Step 5Cook pizzas, covered, on barbecue flat plate using indirect heat for 20 mins or until crisp and cooked through.
- Step 6Add 1 tbs warm water to reserved pesto. Stir to combine. Transfer the pizzas to a large serving platter. Drizzle with the pesto mixture. Sprinkle with remaining rocket. Cut into slices.