Simple Cocktail Recipes
simple cocktail recipes, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best simple cocktail recipes: Simple pork pies
Simple pork pies
- 500g good-quality pork sausages
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups (340g) plain flour
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten, plus 1 egg yolk to glaze
- Tomato chutney or sauce, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 6-hole muffin pan.
- Step 2Squeeze the sausage meat out of the casings into a bowl. Add the apple, parsley and nutmeg, then season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Step 3Sift flour into a bowl, add 1 teaspoon salt, and make a well in centre.
- Step 4Melt the butter with 100ml water in a pan over low heat, then add to the flour and stir to combine.
- Step 5Add the beaten egg and use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a smooth ball.
- Step 6Roll out the dough on a lightly floured board, then use a 10cm pastry cutter to cut 6 rounds from the dough. Use rounds to line the prepared muffin pan, leaving a slight overhang.
- Step 7Divide the sausage mixture among the muffin holes. Bring the remaining pastry together into a ball and re-roll. Use a 7cm cutter to cut 6 lids from the dough. Brush the overhanging pastry in the muffin holes with a little water, sit the lids on the filling, then fold the overhang up around the edges and press in. Roll any excess pastry into long thin strips and use to run around the edge of each pie to form a decorative seal.
- Step 8Brush the pies with beaten egg yolk and bake for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Step 9Cool slightly before removing from the pan. Cool completely before packing. Serve with tomato chutney or sauce.