Stuff Bell Peppers
stuff bell peppers, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best stuff bell peppers:
- 3 capsicum (we used red, yellow and green), halved, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Toss the capsicum in half the oil, then place on a baking tray.
- Step 3Combine ricotta, tomatoes, onion, rind, garlic and half the basil, then use to fill the capsicum.
- Step 4Drizzle with remaining oil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil
Spicy rice-filled eggplant
- 150g ( 3/4 cup) Basmati rice
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/5 teaspoon finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/5 cup coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 130g (1/2 cup) reduced-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut the eggplants in half lengthways. Use a small sharp knife to cut a 1cm border around the edge of each eggplant half. Scoop out the flesh within the border, leaving about 1.5cm of flesh on the base of each eggplant half. Finely chop the flesh.
- Step 3Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, chilli and turmeric and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chopped eggplant and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Add the rice, parsley, lemon rind and lemon juice to eggplant mixture, and stir to combine. Place eggplant shells in a large baking dish. Spoon rice mixture evenly among eggplant shells. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until eggplant shells are soft and filling is golden.
- Step 5Place the yoghurt and mint in a small serving bowl and stir to combine. Serve with spicy rice-filled eggplant.
Stuffed green capsicums
- 4 green capsicums
- 3 tomatoes
- 90g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 cups cooked white long-grain rice (see note)
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Cut capsicums in half lengthways. Remove and discard cores and seeds. Cook capsicums in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Step 2Cut a small cross in the base of each tomato. Place into a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 3 to 4 minutes or until skins start to lift. Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove tomatoes from water. Using a knife, peel and discard skins. Dice tomatoes.
- Step 3Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, and salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from heat. Add rice and parsley. Mix well.
- Step 4Spoon rice mixture into capsicums. Place onto prepared tray. Combine cheeses and curry powder. Sprinkle over capsicums. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden. Serve.
Stuffed pepper and salami bites
- 8 marinated artichoke wedges
- 4 slices salami, halved
- 8 fetta stuffed baby bell peppers
- Step 1Thread 1 artichoke wedge, 1 piece of salami and 1 bell pepper onto a skewer. Repeat with remaining artichoke, salami and peppers to make 8 skewers. Serve.
Stuffed baby capsicums
- 2-3 baby capsicums per person (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 140g arborio rice
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 450ml Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon zested lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons marinated fetta cheese, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut tops off capsicums and remove and discard core and seeds.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring until well coated. Add nuts, currants, tomato paste and spices. Stir to combine. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed (the rice will not be fully cooked). Set aside to cool slightly, then stir in mint, lemon juice and rind and fetta. Divide between capsicums, pop their tops back on and place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with remaining oil and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
Stuffed baby capsicums with sweet potato mash
- 4 baby red capsicums or large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 125g haloumi cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots (spring onions), finely chopped
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon bought pesto
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh white breadcrumbs
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon thickened cream
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut the top from each capsicum and reserve. Discard core and seeds.
- Step 2Combine haloumi cheese, half the shallots and oil, the garlic, pesto, parsley and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Divide between capsicums, packing in well. Replace lids, transfer to a baking tray and then drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 3Boil or steam the sweet potato. Drain, then mash well with butter and cream. Season and stir in the remaining shallots. Serve 2 capsicums per person with mash.