Ways To Cook Chicken Breast
ways to cook chicken breast, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best ways to cook chicken breast:
Oyster chicken (for steamboat)
- 400g single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Step 1Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl. Add the oyster sauce and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours to marinate.
- Step 2Arrange the chicken on small serving platters.
Chicken and vegetable bake
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm pieces
- 250g flat mushrooms, stems trimmed, sliced
- 4 (125g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150g baby spinach
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray an ovenproof casserole dish with oil. Combine garlic, onions, tomatoes, eggplant and mushrooms in dish. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir vegetables. Return to oven, placing a baking tray on shelf above vegetables. Heat tray for 3 minutes or until hot.
- Step 2Spray both sides of chicken with oil. Remove tray from oven and spray lightly with oil. Place chicken on hot tray. Bake chicken, above vegetables, for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from oven. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, turn oven off. Leave vegetables in oven.
- Step 3Stir spinach into vegetables. Spoon vegetables into bowls. Thickly slice chicken. Season with pepper. Serve with vegetables.
Herbed chicken fillets with roast potatoes, leeks & capsicum
- 4 medium leeks
- 800g (about 6 small) desiree potatoes, quartered
- 2 small red capsicum, cut into eighths, deseeded
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 single (about 600g) chicken breast fillets, cut diagonally in half
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 1 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (like mint, continental parsley, oregano)
- 185mls (3/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Ground black pepper, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Trim the leeks and cut into 10cm lengths. Cut each portion in half length ways, wash and drain well.
- Step 2Combine the leeks, potatoes, capsicum, oregano and olive oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat the vegetables well. Arrange in a large roasting pan and roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, brush each chicken breast fillet all over with egg white and sprinkle both sides with the mixed herbs to coat.
- Step 4Pour the chicken stock into a 2.5 litre (10 cup) ovenproof dish. Place a roasting rack in the dish and place the chicken on the rack. After the vegetables have cooked for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the centre, and the vegetables are tender.
- Step 5Place the chicken and vegetables on serving plates. Drizzle with a little of the stock from the roasting pan, and sprinkle with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Chicken, creamy pesto and pine nut pasta
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300ml thickened cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon, to taste
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 250g angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup parmesan, to garnish
- 2 bunches fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 80ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Step 1To make the pesto, add basil, 1/4 cup of the pine nuts, parmesan cheese and 1 clove of garlic to a food processor. Blitz on a slow speed. Gradually add enough olive oil to loosen mix so its a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set pesto aside.
- Step 2Cut each chicken breast in half length ways and spread inside with some of the pesto, fold back over to its original form. Heat a small amount of oil in a fry pan, on medium heat and add chicken breast. Seal on each side and place in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet directions
- Step 4In a frypan on medium-high heat, add a little more oil and add onion and garlic, stir until onion had softened. Add cream, let it come to a simmer and add remaining pesto. Stir well. Once sauce has thickened add zest and juice of half the lemon, taste at this point to see if it needs more lemon juice (not so its overpowering but enough to know there is lemon in there) and left over pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 5Slice chicken breast into 1cm thick slices and then cut slices in half. Add to sauce along with pasta, toss to combine and dish up into bowls. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and serve immediately.
Lemon & caraway chicken on beetroot risotto
- 1 1.5kg (size 15) chicken
- 30g butter
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil, to coat
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1bunch (about 250g) baby beetroot, roots and stems trimmed
- 1.25L (5 cups) boiling water
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 440g (2 cups) arborio rice
- Step 1Briefly rinse the chicken cavity with cold running water. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel (both inside and out).
- Step 2Melt butter in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat until foaming. Add lemon slices and sprinkle with sugar. Cook, uncovered, turning once, for 2 minutes or until lemons are brown all over. Set aside to cool. Add the onion, garlic and caraway seeds to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 160°C. Starting from the cavity end, use your fingers to loosen the skin on the chicken breast and arrange the lemon slices, in a single layer, evenly under the skin. Fill the chicken cavity with the onion mixture.
- Step 4Use unwaxed white string to tie legs together. Brush chicken all over with a little olive oil to coat. Place, breast-side down, on a wire rack in a roasting pan. Pour water into pan. Cover tightly with foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Step 5Meanwhile, to make risotto, place the beetroot in a lightly greased roasting pan. Roast in oven with chicken for 40 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 6Turn the chicken over and bake, covered, for a further 30 minutes.
- Step 7Remove foil and increase oven temperature to 180°C. Sprinkle salt evenly over chicken and bake for 30 minutes or until brown, and juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken thigh. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Remove the onion mixture from the chicken cavity.
- Step 8Meanwhile, combine the boiling water and crumbled stock cubes in a heatproof jug. Stir to combine. Don rubber gloves, peel the beetroot and place in the bowl of a food processor with 60ml (1/4 cup) of the stock mixture, and process until almost smooth. Combine beetroot puree and remaining stock mixture in a small saucepan, and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and hold at a gentle simmer. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until it softens slightly.
- Step 9Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the grains are coated with oil and appear slightly glassy. Add a ladleful (about 1/2 cup) of simmering stock mixture to rice mixture and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add the stock a ladleful at a time, stirring until it is absorbed before adding more. This will take about 20 minutes. Once the last ladleful of liquid is absorbed, the rice should be tender but still have some bite.
- Step 10Use poultry shears to cut the chicken along each side of the backbone. Discard the backbone. Cut lengthways through the breast bone then cut each piece in half crossways. Spoon the risotto among serving plates and top with the chicken portions. Serve immediately with the onion mixture.