wraps spinach, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best wraps spinach: Smashed chickpea and vegie wrap with tahini dressing,Tuna nicoise wraps,Spinach lamb wraps,Cheat's gozleme with pumpkin, lentil and spinach
Cheat's gozleme with pumpkin, lentil and spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g pumpkin, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 120g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 120g Persian feta cheese, drained, crumbled
- 300g (3 cups) coarsely grated pizza cheese
- 1pkt Mountain Bread Rye Wraps
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened slightly. Add the cumin, coriander and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Add lentils and tomato to the frying pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the pumpkin is tender. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until wilted. Remove from heat. Season.
- Step 3Combine the cheese in a small bowl. Place a wrap on a work surface. Place one-eighth of the pumpkin filling down the centre of mountain bread. Scatter with one-eighth of the cheese. Fold the bread over to enclose. Repeat with the remaining wraps, filling and cheese.
- Step 4Spray a chargrill or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the gozleme, in four batches, for 1-2 minutes each side, spraying with a little oil, or until golden and crisp. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tuna nicoise wraps
- 2 oat mountain bread wraps (see note)
- 25g baby spinach
- 185g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons pitted green olives, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place 1 wrap on bench. Place half the spinach along centre. Top with half the tuna, egg, tomato and olives. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining wrap, spinach, tuna, egg, tomato and olives. Serve.
Smashed chickpea and vegie wrap with tahini dressing
- 110g (1/2 cup) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 wholegrain wrap
- 1/4 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 15g baby rocket or baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- Step 1Place the chickpeas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add 2 tsp lemon juice and parsley and stir to combine.
- Step 2Place the wrap on a clean work surface. Spread with chickpea mixture and top with capsicum, carrot, cucumber and rocket. Combine tahini and remaining lemon juice. Drizzle over the tahini dressing. Roll up to enclose filling.
Spinach lamb wraps
- 500g lamb rump steaks, fat trimmed, thinly sliced
- 35g pkt taco seasoning
- Olive oil spray, to grease
- 4 Mission Garden Spinach & Herb Wraps
- 2 x 70g pkts Baby Leaves with Beetroot salad mix
- Step 1Place the lamb and seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Step 2Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook one-third of the lamb for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining lamb.
- Step 3Place 1 wrap on a clean work surface. Place one-quarter of the salad mix along the centre. Top with one-quarter of the lamb. Roll up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining wraps, salad mix and lamb to make 4 wraps. Cut each wrap in half crossways.