Blueberry Sauce For Pancakes
Blueberry sauce for pancakes, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best Blueberry sauce for pancakes: Blueberry and custard pancakes with caramel sauce,Gluten-free vanilla crepes with blueberry sauce,Chocolate and mixed berry pancakes with chocolate sauce
Gluten-free vanilla crepes with blueberry sauce
- 3/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, see note)
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Canola oil spray
- 125g fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Step 1Sift flour and gum (if using) into a bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk egg, milk and vanilla bean paste together in a jug. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth and combined. Cover. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, make sauce Combine blueberries, sugar and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Spray an 18cm (base) non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Swirl to cover base. Cook for 2 minutes or until light golden. Turn. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 crepes.
- Step 4Serve crepes with ice-cream and blueberry sauce.
Chocolate and mixed berry pancakes with chocolate sauce
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups (560ml) milk
- 80g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 egg, whisked
- 300g frozen berries, thawed
- Extra melted butter
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Sift flours, cocoa and sugar into a large bowl. Add milk, butter and egg. Whisk until well combined. Gently stir in berries.
- Step 2Brush two small nonstick frying pans with a little of the extra melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup of mixture to each pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully turn over and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 3Transfer pancakes to a plate and wrap loosely in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan between each batch. If you find the pan is getting too hot, reduce heat slightly.
- Step 4To make chocolate sauce, place chocolate, cream, sugar and vanilla in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until it reduces and thickens. Pour into a heatproof jug and set aside.
- Step 5To serve, divide pancakes between serving plates and pour over chocolate sauce. Serve with ice cream.
Blueberry and custard pancakes with caramel sauce
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Pauls Double Thick French Vanilla Custard, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, partially thawed, plus extra to serve
- 25g butter, melted, for brushing
- Raspberries, to serve
- 80g butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- Step 1Sift flour and bicarb into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well.
- Step 2Whisk eggs, custard and milk in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Fold in blueberries.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush pan with a little melted butter. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into pan, spreading a little if needed. Repeat to make 2 pancakes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles form on top. Turn. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing pan with melted butter between batches, to make 12 pancakes.
- Step 4Meanwhile, make Caramel Sauce; Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add cream. Stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Serve pancakes with extra custard. Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with raspberries and extra blueberries.