bread banana, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best bread banana:
Healthy banana bread
- 100g (1 cup) coconut flour
- 160g (1 1/4 cups) wholemeal spelt flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g (1/3 cup) coconut or rapadura sugar
- 3 large bananas, mashed (310g flesh), plus 1 extra, for decoration
- 3 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 160ml (2/3 cup) oat, soy or rice milk
- Maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C fan forced. Grease and line a 7.5cm deep, 22.5 x 8.5cm (base measurement) loaf pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
- Step 2Combine the flours, baking powder, coconut, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the banana, eggs, oil and milk and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth surface. Very finely slice the remaining banana. Place banana slices, overlapping each over, to cover the entire surface of the loaf.
- Step 3Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre. Slice and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
Double chocolate banana bread
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 250g cream cheese, chopped, softened
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 7cm-deep, 13cm x 24cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan on long sides.
- Step 2Place half of each chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%), stirring halfway through with a metal spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth.
- Step 3Sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Whisk eggs, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Add egg mixture and banana to our mixture. Stir to combine. Fold through melted chocolate.
- Step 4Spoon into pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (cover with foil if over-browning during cooking). Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Step 5Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Dust cake with cocoa powder. Serve with whipped cream cheese.
Paleo banana bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (125ml) maple syrup, plus extra warm syrup to serve
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra to dust
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut oil, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (110g) coconut flour, sifted
- 1 cup (100g) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g pecans, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 1.5L loaf pan with baking paper.
- Step 2Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and bicarb soda. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat coconut oil and eggs until combined. Combine coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder in a bowl. Fold banana mixture into egg mixture, then fold in the flour mixture and nuts.
- Step 3Spread batter into baking pan. Halve remaining banana horizontally and press into the top of the batter. Bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in the pan.
- Step 4Drizzle with extra warm maple syrup and dust with cinnamon, to serve.
Raspberry and banana bread with crumble
- 125g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 130g (1/2 cup) mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 125g (1 cup) frozen raspberries
- 40g cold butter, chopped
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Thick vanilla custard, to serve
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line a 24 x 13cm loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the long edges of the paper to overhang the sides.
- Step 2Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well between each addition. Add banana and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Step 3Sift the flour over the mixture then pour in the milk. Use a spatula to fold gently until just combined.
- Step 4Fold three-quarters of the frozen raspberries into the cake mixture. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan, smoothing the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining frozen raspberries.
- Step 5Use your fingertips to rub together butter, flour and sugar in a medium bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumble over top of cake mixture. Bake for 50 minutes or until firm to a gentle touch in centre. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool slightly then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 6Serve drizzled with vanilla custard and topped with fresh raspberries, if using.
Strawberry banana bread muffins
- 250g strawberries
- 1 1/3 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole (1/3-cup-capacity) muffin pan with paper cases.
- Step 2Chop 200g strawberries. Thinly slice remaining strawberries, leaving stem and leaves attached. Combine flours, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Make a well. Whisk oil, eggs, vanilla, crème fraîche and milk in a jug. Add to flour mixture with chopped strawberries and banana. Stir until just combined (some lumps are okay).
- Step 3Divide mixture among prepared holes. Top each with 1 strawberry slice. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until rm to touch. Stand for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve.