Brown Sugar Chicken
brown sugar chicken, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best brown sugar chicken: Rum and brown sugar butter turkey buffe,Roast lemon chicken in brown paper,Chicken teriyaki skewers with pickled vegetables and brown rice,Pork cutlets with brown lentils,Chicken and sugar snap pea lettuce cups
Rum and brown sugar butter turkey buffe
- 3.2kg (size 32) frozen turkey buffe, thawed
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 orange, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 sprigs fresh sage
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve
- Roasted pumpkin wedges, to serve
- Roasted red onion wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Place turkey on a greased wire rack in a large roasting pan. Pour 2 cups stock into pan. Place orange wedges and sage in cavity.
- Step 2Combine 1/2 the butter, 1/2 the rum, 1/2 the sugar and 1/2 the juice in a medium jug. Season. Brush turkey with rum mixture. Cover pan tightly with lightly greased foil.
- Step 3Roast for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Remove foil. Combine remaining butter, rum, sugar and juice. Season. Brush over turkey. Re-cover and return to oven. Roast for 1 hour, brushing with pan juices after 30 minutes.
- Step 4Discard foil. Baste turkey with pan juices. Return to oven. Roast, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until turkey is golden and juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer (add more stock to pan if it evaporates). Transfer to a platter. Cover with foil. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, pour pan juices from turkey into a large jug. Skim 2 tablespoons fat from jug and place in a medium frying pan. Discard remaining fat. Reserve pan juices. Heat frying pan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bubbling and starting to brown lightly. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in reserved pan juices and remaining stock. Stir until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Step 6Slice turkey and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with gravy and roasted pumpkin and red onion.
Chicken teriyaki skewers with pickled vegetables and brown rice
- 750g Lilydale Free Range Chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Coconut oil spray
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine chicken, marinade and garlic in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 2Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers and spray skewers with coconut oil.
- Step 3Heat a char-grill pan over medium heat, and cook skewers for 10 to 12 minutes, basting with reserved marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, place the cucumber, green onion, mint, carrot and chilli in a bowl. Whisk lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, sugar and sesame oil together, season and drizzle over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Step 5Sprinkle skewers with sesame seeds and serve with pickled vegetables and brown rice.
Chicken and sugar snap pea lettuce cups
- Olive oil spray
- 600g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Step 1Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray to grease. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken, reheating the wok between batches.
- Step 2Place the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Heat the wok or frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray to grease. Add the onion and ginger, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas, celery and capsicum, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Step 3Add the chicken and soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Divide the lettuce leaves among serving plates. Top with the stir-fry to serve.
Pork cutlets with brown lentils
- 4 pork cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- Step 1Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Melt the butter and remaining oil in the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook the zucchini, shallot and garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Stir in the lentils, stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Place the pork on top of the lentil mixture. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Top with the parsley.
Roast lemon chicken in brown paper
- 1 1.7kg (size 17) chicken
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 30g (1 1/2 tablespoons) butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, extra, sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 230°C.
- Step 2Briefly rinse the chicken cavity under cold running water and pat inside and out with paper towel to dry. Place the lemon quarters inside the chicken cavity.
- Step 3Combine the butter and sage in a small bowl. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the chicken skin. Season with salt and pepper. Place the lemon slices on top of the butter.
- Step 4Place the chicken on a 40 x 70cm piece of brown paper. Wrap the chicken firmly in the paper to enclose. Tie with wet unwaxed string and place breast-side up in a roasting pan.
- Step 5Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C and roast for a further 75 minutes or until just cooked and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Step 6To serve, place the wrapped chicken on a serving plate or tray and cut away the string to open the parcel.