3 Best Burrito Recipes
burrito recipes, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best burrito recipes: Healthy chicken and bean burritos,Jumbo mince and vegetable burritos,Mince burritos
- 1 packet burrito tortillas (approximately 6-10)
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 500g beef mince
- 1 sachet burrito seasoning
- 1/2 small cos lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 100ml sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150C.
- Step 2Place tortillas in foil, fold up and seal. Place directly on oven racks and heat in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, in a frypan, brown onions in a little oil. Add mince and seasonings and brown.
- Step 4To assemble, make your own combination, adding mince and toppings of your choice to a tortilla and wrap gently.
Healthy chicken and bean burritos
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh green chilli, finely chopped, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- 400g can no-added-salt black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 large roma tomatoes, diced
- 150g cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 4 x 45g wholegrain wraps
- 60g mixed salad leaves
- 80g (1/3 cup) natural yoghurt
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add black beans, tomato and 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2Place wraps on a clean work surface. Top with salad leaves, bean mixture and dollop with yoghurt. Sprinkle with extra chilli. Roll to enclose filling. Serve with lime wedges.
Jumbo mince and vegetable burritos
- 1 1/2 cups Spicy Mexican mince (reserved from related recipe)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 150g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, roasted
- 1 cup roasted red capsicum, sliced
- 2 cups Pea and green onion rice (see related recipe)
- 4 jumbo flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Sour cream, to serve
- Guacamole, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place mince in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned and tender. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add rice mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Cook tortillas following packet directions. Place 1 tortilla on a board. Spoon 1/4 mince mixture over the centre of tortilla. Top with 1/4 cheese and 1/4 rice mixture. Roll up tortilla, folding in ends, to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas, mince mixture, cheese and rice mixture. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and lime wedges.