Chicken With Butter
chicken with butter, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best chicken with butter: Tandoori chicken in butter-tomato sauce,Baked lemon chicken with butter bean mash,Butter chicken salad,Butter chicken and cauliflower soup
Butter chicken and cauliflower soup
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 4 (500g) skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter chicken paste
- 1/2 small (450g) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 60g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- Warmed naan bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Roughly shred chicken.
- Step 2Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add cauliflower and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Add tomatoes and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until potato and cauliflower are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 4Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to pan over low heat. Add beans, spinach, lemon juice and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until beans are tender. Remove pan from heat. Stir in yoghurt.
- Step 5Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with naan.
Tandoori chicken in butter-tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 140g (1/2 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 12 chicken thigh fillets
- 60g ghee (see note)
- Pappadums, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 long green chillies, seeded, roughly chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 40g ghee (see note)
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 300ml pouring cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 cup torn coriander leaves
- Step 1To marinate chicken, combine lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, cardamom, cayenne pepper and yoghurt in a bowl. Cut 3 slashes into the smooth side of each chicken thigh, add to the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, to make butter-tomato sauce, process tomatoes, chillies and ginger in a food processor to a purée. Melt ghee in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add cumin and paprika, and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the tomato mixture and simmer, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to cook chicken, preheat a chargrill pan over medium–high heat. Melt ghee in a small saucepan. Working in 2 batches, brush chicken generously with ghee and cook for 3 minutes each side or until charred but not quite cooked through. Cool slightly, then cut each fillet into thirds.
- Step 4Add 1 teaspoon salt, cream and chicken to butter-tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low–medium and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is darkened in colour. Stir in garam masala and three-quarters of the coriander.
- Step 5Divide the chicken and sauce among bowls and scatter with remaining coriander leaves. Serve with pappadums and steamed rice.
Butter chicken salad
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 250g butter chicken simmer sauce
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- Step 1Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill to medium-high. Combine the chicken fillets and 2 tbs butter chicken sauce in a bowl until well coated. Cook the chicken on the grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Step 2Divide the lentils, lettuce and tomatoes among serving plates. Slice the chicken and place on top. Drizzle with remaining warmed butter chicken sauce (see note).
Baked lemon chicken with butter bean mash
- 650g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 large lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 25g butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch steamed baby carrots, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken, lemon rind, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of parsley, oil and salt and pepper in a large snap-lock bag. Seal bag and shake until chicken is coated in marinade.
- Step 2Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish. Place chicken, in a single layer, in dish. Pour over marinade from bag. Bake chicken for 18 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine beans, butter and sour cream in a saucepan. Using a potato masher, coarsely mash bean mixture. Place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in remaining parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Serve chicken with bean mash and steamed carrots.