crockpot chicken, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best crockpot chicken: Chicken, bacon and mushroom casserole,Creamy coconut beef and pumpkin curry
Creamy coconut beef and pumpkin curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 80g (1/3 cup) rogan josh curry paste
- 1.5kg beef chuck steak, cut into 4cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 sprig fresh curry leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 600g peeled, deseeded pumpkin, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 270ml can coconut cream
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until softened. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until well coated.
- Step 2Transfer the beef mixture to the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the tomato and stock. Stir to combine. Add the curry leaf. Cover and cook on High for 5 hours or until the beef is tender. Add the pumpkin. Cover and cook for a further hour or until pumpkin and beef is tender.
- Step 3Place the cornflour and 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut cream in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add to the slow cooker and cook, with the lid removed, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Step 4Divide the curry among serving plates. Drizzle with some of the remaining coconut cream (see note). Serve with rice and topped with extra curry leaves.
Chicken, bacon and mushroom casserole
- 8 small free-range chicken legs
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g bacon rashers, rind removed and cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 140g container tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- Sour cream, to serve
- Chopped continental parsley, to serve
- Creamy polenta, to serve
- Step 1Toss 8 small free-range chicken legs in 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour until coated. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning until golden. Place in a 3.5-litre crockpot.
- Step 2Add 200g bacon rashers, rind removed and cut into 2cm cubes, 500g button mushrooms, halved, 1 onion, chopped, and 2 garlic cloves, crushed, to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add to the crockpot with 800g can diced tomatoes and 140g container tomato paste.
- Step 3Cook, covered, on Low for 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and scattered with chopped continental parsley on creamy polenta.