Easy Cocktails To Make
easy cocktails to make, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best easy cocktails to make: Pimms cocktails,Prawn cocktail,Prawn cocktail dinner bowl,Spicy prawn cocktail,Coriander and chilli prawn cocktail
- 300ml gin
- 300ml red vermouth
- 150ml Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1 orange, halved, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- Chilled tonic water, lemonade or ginger ale, to serve
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
- Step 1A few hours before serving, mix the gin, vermouth and Cointreau in a 2-litre jug, stirring well.
- Step 2Add 4 orange and 4 lemon pieces and 8 slices of cucumber, then cover and chill.
- Step 3To serve, top with icy-cold tonic water, ginger ale or lemonade, and serve in tall glasses over loads of ice. Tuck in some more fresh orange, lemon and cucumber slices and a sprig of mint.
Spicy prawn cocktail
- 1/2 cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (see note)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled (deveined)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Step 1Combine mayonnaise, tomato sauce, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Step 2Divide lettuce among 6 serving glasses and top with cucumber and avocado. Pile the prawns on top and drizzle with the sauce. Serve sprinkled with paprika and chives.
- 125g (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, large leaves torn
- 6 treviso leaves, large leaves torn
- 30 (about 2.5kg) large cooked prawns, peeled, tails intact
- Step 1Combine the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and basil in a small bowl. season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Divide lettuce and treviso among serving glasses. Top with prawns. Drizzle over sauce.
Prawn cocktail dinner bowl
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 small zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1/3 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 mini baguette, thinly sliced diagonally (8 slices)
- 750g large green prawns
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 cups finely shredded cos lettuce
- 2 small avocados, halved
- Cornichons, to serve
Marie Rose Sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- Step 1Combine vinegar, 1/2 the oil and 1/2 the lemon juice in a large bowl. Add zucchini. Stir to coat. Stand, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in mint.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a greased barbecue grill or plate on medium-high heat. Combine garlic and remaining oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Brush each side of bread with oil mixture. Chargrill for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Increase heat to high. Drizzle prawns with remaining lemon juice. Sprinkle with paprika. Toss to coat. Cook prawns, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make Marie Rose Sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and combined.
- Step 4Arrange lettuce, zucchini salad, avocado, prawns and cornichons in serving bowls. Drizzle with a little sauce. Serve with chargrilled bread and remaining sauce.
Coriander and chilli prawn cocktail
- 1kg cooked king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact (see tip)
- 60g spinach leaves
Chilli, lime and coriander mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- Step 1Make chilli, lime and coriander mayonnaise: Whisk mayonnaise, lime juice and water together in a bowl. Add coriander and chilli. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Add prawns and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours if time permits, to allow flavours to develop.
- Step 3Divide spinach leaves between bowls. Top with coriander and chilli prawns. Serve.