fettuccine alfredo, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best fettuccine alfredo:
- 375g fettuccine
- 25g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Step 2Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 3Stir in cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce slightly thickens. Add parsley, parmesan, pasta and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
Pumpkin alfredo with fettuccine, crispy sage and pepitas
- 800g Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 50g butter
- 20g pkt fresh sage leaves
- 2 large French shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 whole nutmeg, finely grated, plus extra, to serve
- 300ml pouring cream
- 400g fresh fettuccine
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and garlic on prepared tray. Drizzle with oil. Season. Toss to coat. Roast for 40-45 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 2Peel the garlic. Place the pumpkin and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Step 3Heat a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the pepitas and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until golden and starting to pop. Transfer to a plate. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Step 4Melt half the butter in the pan. Add sage leaves. Cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Pour the pan juices into a small jug and reserve. Melt the remaining butter in the pan over medium heat. Add the shallot. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the pumpkin mixture and nutmeg to the pan. Reduce heat to low and add the cream. Season. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through.
- Step 5Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 3⁄4 cup cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pan.
- Step 6Add pumpkin mixture, parmesan and 1⁄2 cup cooking liquid to pasta. Toss to combine, adding the remaining cooking liquid if needed. Divide among bowls. Drizzle with the reserved pan juices. Top with pepitas, sage and extra nutmeg.
- 375g fettuccine
- 40g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 90g (1/3 cup) mascarpone, at room temperature
- 45g (1/2 cup) finely shredded parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 35g (1/2 cup) shaved parmesan
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Step 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and nutmeg and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Step 3Stir in the cream and mascarpone, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly (do not boil). Stir in the shredded parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Step 4Add the pasta and gently toss until combined. Taste and season with pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with shaved parmesan. Serve immediately.
- 375g fettuccine
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 eschalot, very finely chopped
- 3/4 cup light thickened cream for cooking
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan (see notes), plus extra to serve
- 1 cooked chicken breast fillet, shredded
- Shredded fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions (see notes). Reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add eschalot. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add cream. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add parmesan. Stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Increase heat to medium. Return pan to heat. Add pasta, chicken and 1/2 the reserved pasta water. Toss gently for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens and coats the pasta (sauce should not be pooled in the bottom of the pan), adding more reserved pasta water, if needed.
- Step 4Remove from heat. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and parsley. Serve.