friend chicken, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best friend chicken:
Spicy chicken pilaf
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Fresh coriander leaves and
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add garam masala. Toss to coat.
- Step 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Step 3Add garlic, capsicum and currants. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until capsicum has softened slightly. Add rice.
- Step 4Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and 1 1/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Step 5Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
Roasted pumpkin soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, diced
- 20g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 2 medium cream delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Ciabatta bread, sliced, toasted, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C /180°C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin and garlic in a bowl. Add oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange pumpkin mixture, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Bake for 40 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and tender.
- Step 2Squeeze garlic cloves from skin. Reserve. Discard skin. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until leek has softened. Add potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Add stock and 2 cups cold water. Season with pepper. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in roasted pumpkin and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Step 4Blend pumpkin mixture, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into serving bowls. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with chives. Serve with toasted ciabatta slices.
Chicken and vegetable lasagne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g minced chicken breast fillets
- 280g (about 2) zucchini, coarsely grated
- 200g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 575g jar tomato pasta sauce (Dolmio brand)
- 1 400g can tomato puree
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 600g fresh ricotta
- 20g (1/4 cup) finely shredded parmesan
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 375g pkt fresh lasagne sheets (Latina brand)
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 1 minute. Add zucchini and sweet potato, and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until they soften slightly. Stir in pasta sauce and tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Use a fork to mash the ricotta, parmesan and nutmeg in a bowl to combine. Spread 1/4 of the chicken sauce over the base of a 6cm-deep, 21 x 33cm (base measurement) ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of pasta sheets, cutting to fit if necessary.
- Step 3Spread 1/3 of the remaining chicken sauce over pasta and then top with pasta. Use damp fingers to spread the ricotta mixture over the pasta. Cover with pasta and then 1/2 the remaining chicken sauce. Top with pasta and the remaining chicken sauce.
- Step 4Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and sprinkle with the cheddar. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheddar melts.