Green Bean Cass
green bean cass, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best green bean cass:
Hot and spicy vegetable tagine with chickpeas
- 100g (1/2 cup) dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large fresh red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 300g orange sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 300g desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced
- 200g green beans, trimmed, halved
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, roasted
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Step 1Cook drained chickpeas in simmering water, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2To make spice mix, combine all spices and grind in a spice grinder or small food processor until fine.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large heavy based casserole and cook onion, chilli, capsicum and 2 tablespoons of the spice mix over low heat until onion is soft, adding a little water if onion is sticking to pan. Reserve any remaining spice mix for another use.
- Step 4Add chickpeas, garlic, remaining vegetables and 250ml (1 cup) water and season to taste. Cook, covered, over low heat for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve drizzled with yoghurt.