Healthy Recipes For Dinner
recipes for dinner, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best recipes for dinner: Cheese and ham toastie dinner bake,Healthy poached chicken green dinner bowl
Cheese and ham toastie dinner bake
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 320g baguette, cut into 1.5cm slices
- 250g sliced ham, torn into large pieces
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Fresh thyme sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease an 8-cup-capacity, 6cm-deep 22cm x 32cm oval baking dish.
- Step 2Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Return to heat. Add wine and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture starts to boil and thicken. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3Whisk eggs and cream in a bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Working with 1 bread slice at a time, spread both sides generously with white sauce. Top with ham. Place upright in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining bread, sauce and ham, arranging bread upright in dish. Pour over egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Stand for 10 minutes. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and set. Sprinkle with extra thyme. Serve with salad leaves.
Healthy poached chicken green dinner bowl
- 160ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
- 550g chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 450g pkt microwave brown rice, heated
- 55g (1 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 50g baby spinach
- 1/3 cup Birch & Waite Green Goddess dressing, to serve
- 1/4 cup baby or small mint leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine coconut milk, lime juice and 250ml (1 cup) water in a medium saucepan. Add chicken and place over medium heat. Gently simmer for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a chopping board and set aside to cool slightly. Slice chicken.
- Step 2Blanch broccolini, snow peas and beans in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender crisp. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Step 3Divide chicken, rice, broccolini, peas, beans, sprouts and spinach among bowls. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with mint and pistachios. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.