6 Best Holiday Recipes
holiday recipes, looking for these recipes? check this for 6 best holiday recipes: Pumpkin Pie Thickshake , Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pie , Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce , Brad’s thanksgiving mashed potatoes , Scalloped potatoes with onions , Brad’s thanksgiving sausage pecan stuffing
Brad’s thanksgiving mashed potatoes
Recipe by: wingmaster835
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/4 cups garlic herb butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered non dairy creamer
- 2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 3 tbs white pepper
- 1 1/2 tbs salt
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain water. Leave a small amount.
- Start whipping potatoes. Add all butter first. Continue whipping and slowly add creamer. Adjust amount to your liking.
- Add seasoning. Incorporate. Adjust to your liking. Enjoy
Pumpkin Pie Thickshake
Recipe by: Lola Poppy
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 100 g pumpkin puree
- 75 mml of milk
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch cinammon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Squirty whipped cream
- Place all ingredients (except cream) into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour drink into a glass and squirt a generous helping of whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle on some extra cinnamon (or crumbled gingerbread) and enjoy!
Scalloped potatoes with onions
Recipe by: Whipchik
- 1 stick salted butter
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of flour
- Cayenne pepper
- 8 red skin potatoes
- Half a large onion
- Shredded cheddar
- Wash potatoes and slice thin
- Slice onion thin
- In sauce pan, melt butter and add flour. Stir until thick. Add milk little bits at a time to make a creamy sauce.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Add about a cup or so of shredded cheese.
- Place half the potatoes in a casserole dish with onions on top.
- Pour half of the creamy mixture over top. Then top with the rest of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with more cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes.
Pineapple Orange Cranberry Sauce
Recipe by: Shinae
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1.5 cups fresh pineapple that’s been cut into a 1/2-inch dice (you can use canned, but reduce the sugar by 1/4 cup or so)
- 1 +1/4 to 1+1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- the zest of an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- see notes about appropriate spices in the story section above
- Put all ingredients except spices in a medium saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and continue simmering, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the cranberries pop. (About 10 minutes.)
- Remove from heat and stir in spices at this point. The residual heat will infuse the sauce with the spices. (I tend to have a light hand with the spices because once you’ve overcomplicated your food with spices, it’s very hard to correct. You can always add more, but there’s very little you can do to change or cover it up once you’ve added too much.)
- Cool and store in lidded container(s) in the fridge.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Brad’s thanksgiving sausage pecan stuffing
Recipe by: wingmaster835
- 3 double bag boxes Stove Top stuffing
- 9 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups garlic herb butter
- 2 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs breakfast sausage
- 2 apples, peeled cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecan halves
- 1 tbs celery seed
- 2 tbs dried rubbed sage
- Bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add stuffing crumbs. Mix and set aside.
- Meanwhile brown sausage. Saute onion and celery in a little butter. When onion becomes translucent, add apple and pecans. Sauté until everything is tender.
- Mix seasoning and sauté mix with stuffing. Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Serve with turkey gravy and enjoy.
Easy Peasy Pumpkin Pie
Recipe by: battereddonut
- Pumpkin pie filling (sweetened)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 9 in raw pie shell
- 1-2 tsp nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- Dash ginger
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat to 425°F
- Mix beaten eggs, easy pumpkin pie mix (i used libbys, the already mixed stuff), sweetened condensed milk, and seasonings
- Pour into raw pie shell
- Bake at 425°F for 15 mins
- Turn temperature down to 350°F
- Bake for 60 mins
- Cool for a bit
- Add whipped cream if desired