Honey Butter Chicken
Honey butter chicken, looking for these recipes? check this for 6 best Honey butter chicken: Salty crackle with honey butter gravy,Roast chicken with honey-glazed carrot, potato and silverbeet,Honey mustard chicken bruschetta,Honey and apricot chicken,Korean-style BBQ chicken
Honey mustard chicken bruschetta
- 1 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 60g chicken breast fillet
- 4 thin asparagus spears
- 4 thin diagonal slices French bread stick (baguette)
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Combine the mayonnaise, water and mustard in a bowl.
- Step 2Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the chicken and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Thinly slice.
- Step 3Trim the asparagus to the same length as the bread. Cook in a small saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until the asparagus is bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Step 4Spread both sides of the bread with butter. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bread for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Step 5Divide the bread between serving plates. Arrange the chicken slices on top. Drizzle over the mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkle with the walnuts. Top with asparagus and dill.
Korean-style BBQ chicken
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs mirin seasoning
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 6 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into long matchsticks
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), finely shaved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Step 1Combine the soy sauce, mirin, honey, oil, sesame seeds and chilli flakes, if using, in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 mins to develop the flavours.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Drain the chicken, reserving the soy sauce mixture. Cook for 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 mins to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the pickled vegetables, combine the carrot, cucumber, wombok, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 mins to soak. Drain well.
- Step 4While the vegetables are soaking, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 mins to soak. Refresh under cold water. Drain well.
- Step 5Heat the reserved soy sauce mixture in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for 2 mins or until the glaze thickens slightly.
- Step 6Thickly slice the chicken. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Top with the noodles, pickled vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with the glaze to serve.
Salty crackle with honey butter gravy
- 1kg pork rind
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
Honey butter gravy
- 15g salted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Step 1For the crackliest skin, place the pork rind on a wire rack in the sink. Carefully pour boiling water all over the pork. Drain well and pat dry with paper towel. Place rind side-up, on a plate. Sprinkle with half the salt. Place in the fridge overnight to dry out.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 230C/210C fan forced. Place the fennel seeds and remaining salt in a mortar and pound with a pestle until finely crushed. Thoroughly dry the pork with paper towel. Sprinkle the fennel salt all over the pork. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and crisp.
- Step 3Meanwhile, to make the honey butter gravy, melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat until foamy. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until foaming. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the stock or broth, lemon juice and thyme. Return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 10-12 minutes or until the gravy boils and thickens. Add the honey and stir until combined. Season.
- Step 4Slice the pork crackling and serve with the honey butter gravy, sprinkled with extra thyme.
Roast chicken with honey-glazed carrot, potato and silverbeet
- 1.65kg Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Whole Chicken
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 450g brushed potatoes, peeled, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled, thickly sliced diagonally
- 2cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbs honey
- 20g butter
- 2 tsp plain flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) chicken stock
- 180g silverbeet, trimmed, leaves chopped
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).Pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
- Step 2Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tbs oil and rub over the chicken. Place the chicken on a small rack in a large baking dish. Use kitchen string to tie the legs together. Roast for 50-60 mins or until the skin is crisp and golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thighs reads 82°C. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium heavy-based frying pan over high heat. Add potato and carrot. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without turning, for 5-7 mins or until the vegetables begin to brown. Add the ginger, cumin and coriander and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5 mins or until the vegetables are browned all over.
- Step 4Add the honey to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 mins or until the vegetables are slightly caramelised. Add butter and cook until melted.
- Step 5Sprinkle with the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Pour in stock and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until combined and sauce thickens slightly. Add silverbeet and cook, tossing, until wilted.
- Step 6Spoon the vegetables onto a large serving platter. Top with the chicken and sprinkle with the parsley to serve.
Honey and apricot chicken
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 4 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sunbeam walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Step 1Preheat barbecue plate on medium heat. Soak apricots in a bowl of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut along 1 side of each chicken breast to form a large pocket (do not cut all the way through).
- Step 2Place apricots, butter, honey and garlic in a food processor. Process until just smooth. Spoon apricot mixture into chicken pockets. Secure with 1 or 2 toothpicks. Season both sides chicken with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Make coriander couscous: Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water. Cover and stand for 3 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add onion, lime rind, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cucumber, walnuts and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 4Spray both sides chicken with oil. Barbecue for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove toothpicks. Thickly slice and serve with coriander couscous.