How To Cook Corn
How to cook corn, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best How to cook corn: Corn three ways,Soft polenta with bacon & corn,Pesto steaks with corn salsa
Soft polenta with bacon & corn
- 50g rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 290g (1 2/3 cups) polenta
- 420g can Corn Kernels, rinsed, drained
- 60g (3/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves
- Step 1Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over high heat. Stir bacon for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Step 2Bring stock and milk to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until combined. Reduce heat to low. Stir for 15 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Step 3Stir in the bacon, corn, parmesan, butter and marjoram. Season. Transfer to a serving dish.
Pesto steaks with corn salsa
- 1 x 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 x 200g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 150g each) beef porterhouse steaks
- Olive oil spray
- 75g (1/3 cup) basil, cashew & parmesan dip or bought pesto
- 1/2 loaf (about 215g) Turkish bread
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C Combine the corn, tomato, onion, parsley, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and half the oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Spray both sides of the steaks with olive oil spray. Season with salt and pepper. Add to the grill and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 4 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the dip and remaining oil in a small bowl. Cut the bread in half horizontally, then cut each half into quarters crossways. Spread the cut side of the bread with half the dip mixture. Place on a large baking tray. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 5 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 3 minutes or until golden and the edges start to brown.
- Step 4Divide the steaks, bread and lettuce among serving plates. Spread the steaks with the remaining dip mixture and top with the salsa to serve.
Corn three ways
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silk removed, cut into 5cm thick rounds
Smoked paprika salt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Maple chilli butter
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
Creamy pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Step 1Make Smoked paprika salt: Combine salt, paprika and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Step 2Make Maple chilli butter: Place butter, maple syrup and chilli flakes in a small bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Step 3Make Creamy pesto sauce Place basil and pine nuts in a small food processor. Process, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth. With motor operating, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Transfer to a bowl. Add parmesan and sour cream. Season. Stir to combine.
- Step 4Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add corn cobs. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until corn is tender. Drain well. Place corn on a platter. Serve with Smoked paprika salt, Maple chilli butter and Creamy pesto sauce.