How To Cook Steak On Grill
How to cook steak on grill, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best How to cook steak on grill: Grilled steak with ratatouille and garlic toasts,Grilled steak with beetroot and chickpea salad,Open steak sandwiches
Open steak sandwiches
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 4 sprigs basil
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 lemon
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 x 175g beef fillet steaks
- 1/2 radicchio treviso (see note)
- 1 bunch rocket
- 150g (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cut tomatoes in quarters and place on an oven tray. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until tomatoes start to soften.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle to a paste. Tear over parsley and basil leaves, add capers, then pound until leaves are bruised. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, then zest over lemon and squeeze in juice. Season and stir to combine. Makes 2/3 cup.
- Step 3Preheat chargrill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of bread with 1 tablespoon oil, then cook for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred. Divide among plates. Keep pan over heat.
- Step 4Slice beef fillets in half horizontally to make 8 thin steaks. Brush with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, season, then cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, trim radicchio and separate leaves. Place in a large bowl. Add rocket, drizzle with 1 tablespoon herb dressing and toss to combine.
- Step 6Spread chargrilled bread with mayonnaise. Top with radicchio salad, steaks and tomatoes, then drizzle with remaining herb dressing to serve.
Grilled steak with ratatouille and garlic toasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices crusty bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 (150g each) beef rump steaks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium (800g) eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthways, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g jar napoletana pasta sauce
- Step 1Make Ratatouille: Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the eggplant. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until browned and just soft. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and remaining eggplant.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until onion has softened. Stir in capsicum, zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return eggplant to pan with napoletana sauce and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season.
- Step 3Heat barbecue chargrill on high heat. Drizzle steaks with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Rub to coat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Step 4Meanwhile, drizzle bread with remaining oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate. Rub with garlic. Serve with ratatouille and steaks.
Grilled steak with beetroot and chickpea salad
- 4 x 150g beef rump steaks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 120g bag four leaf salad mix
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 450g can baby beets, drained, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 x 350g jar marinated fetta, reserving 2 tablespoons marinating oil
- Step 1Brush steaks with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Cook steaks for 2 to 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Stand steaks, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2Combine salad leaves, chickpeas and beets in a large bowl. Top with onion and fetta. Drizzle over marinating oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Serve steaks with salad.