Recipe Sausage Rolls
recipe sausage rolls, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best recipe sausage rolls: Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls,Healthier sausage rolls,Pie maker sausage rolls
Pie maker sausage rolls
- 250g pork sausage mince
- 250g pork mince
- 1 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 15g (1/3 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- White pepper, to season
- 4 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- Tomato chutney, to serve
- Step 1Place the sausage mince, pork mince, onion, carrot, breadcrumbs, parsley, thyme and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Use clean hands to mix well.
- Step 2Place a pastry sheet on a clean work surface. Cut into quarters. Place 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls of the mince mixture down the long edge of a pastry quarter. Roll to enclose mince mixture and gently coil into a scroll. Place in the pie maker. Repeat to make 3 more scrolls. Turn on the pie maker and close the lid. Cook for 10 minutes. Use a flat-bladed knife to turn over the scrolls and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Step 3Repeat with the remaining pastry and mince mixture to make 16 scrolls. Place on a serving platter with tomato chutney to serve.
Cheesy vegetarian ‘sausage’ rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons Vegemite
- Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 125g (1 cup) grated sweet potato
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150g colby cheese, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Tomato relish or tomato sauce, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, Vegemite and chilli (if using) and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the mushroom and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until soft and the liquid has evaporated. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in the lentils and thyme. Season. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Set aside, stirring often, for 15 minutes to cool. Stir in the cheese.
- Step 3Cut each pastry sheet in half. Place one quarter of the sweet potato mixture in a log shape along one long edge of the pastry. Brush the opposite edge with egg. Roll up tightly to enclose. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. Cut each roll into 4 pieces and place, seam-side down, on the prepared trays.
- Step 4Brush the pastry with egg and use a sharp knife to score lines into the top of the pastry. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with tomato relish or sauce.
Healthier sausage rolls
- Olive oil spray
- 500g lean beef mince
- 3/4 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 red onion, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons no-added-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 9 sheets filo pastry
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 4 asparagus spears, halved lengthways and crossways
- 1 tablespoon fat-free balsamic dressing
- 1/4 cup pepita and sunflower seed mix, lightly toasted
- Reduced-salt and reduced-sugar tomato sauce, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place a large wire rack on baking tray. Spray rack well with oil.
- Step 2Place mince, breadcrumbs, egg white, onion, carrot, zucchini, Worcestershire and barbecue sauces, tomato paste, paprika and basil in a bowl. Season. Mix well to combine.
- Step 3Place 1 sheet filo pastry on a flat surface. Lightly spray with oil. Top with another filo pastry sheet. Repeat with oil and a third filo pastry sheet. Spoon 1⁄3 of mince mixture along 1 long edge of pastry. Roll up pastry to enclose filling, spraying edge lighty with oil to seal. Cut log into 6 pieces. Place rolls, seam-side down, on prepared rack. Repeat with remaining pastry and mince mixture to make 18 sausage rolls. Lightly spray rolls with oil. Season with pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4Combine leaves, asparagus and dressing in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with seeds. Serve sausage rolls with salad and sauce, and sprinkled with basil leaves.