Recipes With Chicken Salad
recipes with chicken salad, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipes with chicken salad:
Sticky chicken salad bowl with caramelised pineapple
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 160ml (2/3 cup) hoisin sauce
- 125ml (1/2 cup) soy sauce
- 80ml (1/3 cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 800g chicken tenderloins
- 200g (1 cup) black rice
- 100g small snow peas, trimmed
- 2 large pineapples with crowns, halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, quartered
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Curled green shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Combine the sugar, hoisin, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the marinade thickens slightly. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Step 2Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic bowl and pour over half the marinade. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain. Place the snow peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain.
- Step 4Use a small sharp knife to cut a 1cm-wide border around the edge of the cut side of each pineapple. Cut the pineapple flesh into 2cm cubes in the centre, without cutting all the way through. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the cubes and then cut into small triangle pieces. You should be left with a pineapple shell.
- Step 5Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill on medium. Spray the capsicum with oil and chargrill for 4-5 minutes or until charred and tender. Cut into thin strips and set aside. Cook the pineapple pieces for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred and caramelised. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with the lime rind. Place the pineapple shells cut-side down on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edge is caramelised.
- Step 6Drain the chicken from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Cook the chicken in batches, basting with some of the reserved marinade, for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 7Fill the base of the pineapple bowls with half the rice. Add the chicken, cutting some in half to fit. Top with the lettuce, cucumber and snow peas. Add the remaining rice, capsicum and pineapple. Brush remaining reserved marinade over the chicken and pineapple. Sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds and the salad with shallots and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
Chicken and herb salad wrap
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbs chopped mint
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Coles Wholemeal and Grain Soft Wrap
- 80g Coles RSPCA Approved Hot Roast Chicken, shredded
- Step 1Combine the parsley, mint, tomato, spring onion, lemon juice and oil in a bowl.
- Step 2Spread the mayonnaise over the wrap. Top with tomato mixture and chicken. Roll up wrap to enclose the filling.
Butter chicken salad
- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 250g butter chicken simmer sauce
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 250g grape tomatoes, halved
- Step 1Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill to medium-high. Combine the chicken fillets and 2 tbs butter chicken sauce in a bowl until well coated. Cook the chicken on the grill for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- Step 2Divide the lentils, lettuce and tomatoes among serving plates. Slice the chicken and place on top. Drizzle with remaining warmed butter chicken sauce (see note).
Vietnamese chicken salad bowl
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 450g packet 2 1/2 – minute microwave jasmine rice
- 3 cups thinly sliced barbecue chicken breast
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh mint sprigs
- 2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup wide crunchy fried noodles
- Step 1Combine vinegar, salt and 1/2 the fish sauce in a medium bowl. Using a julienne peeler, cut cucumbers and carrots into long thin strips (see notes). Add cucumber and carrot to vinegar mixture. Toss to combine. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Step 2Whisk juice, oil, sweet chilli sauce and remaining fish sauce in a small bowl until combined.
- Step 3Heat rice following packet directions. Divide rice among serving bowls. Arrange chicken, onion, mint, bean sprouts and cucumber mixture on top. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with chilli and fried noodles. Serve.
Healthy chicken pasta salad
- 250g buckwheat pasta or chickpea pasta
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 50g spinach leaves
- 300g shredded barbecue chicken (see notes)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seed mix (pine nut, pepita, sunflower seed), toasted
- Step 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions, or until al dente. Add snap peas and thawed peas in the last minute of cooking. Drain, rinse under cold water.
- Step 2Place pasta and peas in a large bowl. Add spinach leaves, chicken, mint and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Whisk 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice with buttermilk and mayonnaise. Season well. Divide salad between serving bowls. Drizzle over dressing and scatter with toasted seeds to serve.
Japanese-style shredded chicken salad
- 400g smoked chicken breast, skin removed, shredded
- 160g (2 cups) shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 sheets nori, torn
- 3 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Toasted white and black sesame seeds, to serve
- Step 1Combine chicken, wombok, radish, zucchini, apple, red cabbage and nori in a bowl.
- Step 2Whisk together miso, mirin, soy and sesame oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss well to combine. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds.