sauce chicken, looking for these recipes? check this for 6 best sauce chicken: Soy sauce chicken,Hot-sauce chicken with roasted corn,Noodle cups with oyster sauce chicken,Chicken with creamy tarragon and mustard sauce,Polenta chips with gorgonzola dipping sauce
Polenta chips with gorgonzola dipping sauce
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 170g (1 cup) instant polenta
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 100g gorgonzola, chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 65g (1/4 cup) sour cream
- Extra polenta, to dust
- Step 1Grease a 30 x 20cm slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing the paper to overhang the long sides.
- Step 2Bring stock to boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add polenta in a thin, steady stream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until incorporated. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and polenta is soft. Stir in parmesan and chives. Season. Pour polenta mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 200C/180C. Grease a large baking tray and line with baking paper. Turn set polenta onto a board and cut into 24 chips. Dust with extra polenta. Place on prepared tray and spray with oil. Add rosemary. Bake, turning chips halfway through, for 1 hour.
- Step 4Place gorgonzola, thickened cream and sour cream in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season and transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve with hot polenta chips and rosemary.
Hot-sauce chicken with roasted corn
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hot sauce (we used Crystal)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 4 chicken thighs (bone-in skin-on)
- 8 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Step 2Combine ginger, hot sauce and honey in a small bowl.
- Step 3In a separate bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Brush the chicken with 2 tbs oil, then add to the powder mixture and toss to coat. Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes or until light golden.
- Step 4Remove chicken from oven and baste with hot-sauce mixture. Return to oven and roast, basting and turning chicken every 10 minutes, for a further 30-35 minutes until cooked through.
- Step 5Meanwhile, brush corn with remaining 1 tbs oil and season. Place on a baking tray and place in the oven, on the bottom shelf, for the final 30 minutes of cooking. Remove chicken and set aside, loosely covered with foil, while you slice the corn. Serve the chicken with corn and sour cream, and garnish with coriander.
Soy sauce chicken
- 1.8kg whole chicken (size 18)
- 6 green onions
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup shao hsing (Chinese rice wine – see tip)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Asian greens, to serve
- Step 1Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Trim excess fat. Cut 4 onions into 3cm pieces. Finely slice remaining onions.
- Step 2Place 5 cups cold water, onion pieces, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, star anise and cinnamon in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Add chicken, breast side down. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover tightly. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Step 3Remove chicken. Drain. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Cut chicken into serving sized pieces (see note). Arrange chicken on a serving platter. Spoon over reserved cooking liquid. Sprinkle with coriander and sliced onion. Serve with rice and Asian greens.
Noodle cups with oyster sauce chicken
- 4 spring onions
- 200g egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 200g chicken mince
- 2 tablespoons diced carrot
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, plus extra to drizzle
- Step 1Cut thin strips from the green tops of 2 of the spring onions, place in a bowl of iced water and refrigerate until curled.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 180C. Cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and toss with 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil.
- Step 3Grease a 12-hole patty pan with a little peanut oil. Divide the cooked noodles among holes, pressing into the base and sides to form basket shapes. Brush with more peanut oil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove noodle baskets from patty pan and place on a baking tray. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Step 4Meanwhile, thinly slice the remaining spring onion. Heat a little more peanut oil in a wok, add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until just cooked through. Add carrot, ginger, garlic, spring onion, sauces and remaining sesame oil.
- Step 5Stir to heat through. To serve, fill noodle baskets with the chicken mixture, drizzle with extra oyster sauce and garnish with spring onion curls.
Chicken with creamy tarragon and mustard sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 185ml (3/4 cup) white wine
- 500ml pouring cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves
- 2 barbecued chickens, warmed
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Step 1Place the mustard seeds in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 1 minute or until the seeds start to pop. Pour in the wine and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced.
- Step 2Add the cream, vinegar and tarragon to the pan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until reduced by half. Season.
- Step 3Meanwhile, chop the chicken into large pieces.
- Step 4Divide chicken pieces and steamed broccolini among serving plates. Drizzle with the sauce to serve.