strawberries shortcake, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best strawberries shortcake:
- 250g (1 punnet) strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 185mls (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 16 Delice biscuits (Bahlsen brand)
- Step 1Combine the strawberries, 1 tablespoon of the orange juice and the sugar in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the cream into a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Stir in the orange rind. Layer the Delice biscuits with cream and strawberries on plates and serve.
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, hulled
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (160ml) milk
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 200ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line base and grease sides of a 20cm springform pan.
- Step 2Place strawberries in a bowl with half the sugar, stir to combine and set aside.
- Step 3Beat egg with milk and set aside. Place flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and rub in butter with fingertips. Add egg and milk and mix with a fork until combined.
- Step 4Spread dough into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove and cool.
- Step 5To serve, split cake and lift off top half. Spread bottom half with jam, cover with cream and top with strawberries. Replace lid and dust with icing sugar.
- 250g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 90g (1/2 cup) rice flour, sifted
- 1 x 600ml ctn thickened cream
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, washed, hulled
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Step 2Gradually add the combined flour to the butter mixture, beating on low speed until almost combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Step 3Shape the dough into a ball and cut in half. Divide 1 dough half into 8 equal portions. Roll 1 portion into a ball. Place on 1 lined tray. Use the palm of your hand to flatten into a 10cm-diameter disc. Pinch the edge of the disc to create a fluted edge. Repeat with remaining dough portions. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway though cooking, for 12-15 minutes or until the shortbread biscuits are light golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Step 4Use an electric beater to beat the cream in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Step 5Divide half the shortbread biscuits among serving plates. Top with the whipped cream, strawberries and the remaining shortbread biscuits. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups White Wings Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup redcurrant jelly
- 500g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1 cup thick cream
- Step 1Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Using a pencil, draw a 19cm (diameter) circle in the centre of each sheet. Turn paper over.
- Step 2Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until pale. Add flour and cornflour. Stir to combine. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently until smooth.
- Step 3Divide mixture in half. Gently press each half into a round. Place 1 round onto each baking tray. Using circle marks as a guide, gently press out to form 1.5cm-thick, 19cm (diameter) rounds.
- Step 4Use a knife to mark each round into 8 even triangles (don’t cut right through). Pinch edges to form a frill. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm. Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Step 5Make topping: Brush each shortbread round with egg white. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch. Allow to cool completely on trays. Use a sharp knife to cut right through markings.
- Step 6Place jelly into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute on HIGH (100%) power until melted. Add strawberries. Toss gently to coat.
- Step 7Place 1 shortbread triangle onto each serving plate. Spread with cream. Spoon strawberries over cream. Top with another shortbread triangle. Serve.
Strawberry shortcake fridge cake
- 750g strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup cranberry raspberry juice
- 84 Arno shortbread biscuits (see note)
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped, to serve
Vanilla Mascarpone Cream
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 3 cups thickened cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Step 1Make Vanilla Mascarpone Cream Using an electric mixer, beat mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form (do not over-beat).
- Step 2Reserve 1 cup of sliced strawberries. Combine jam and 1 tablespoon juice in a bowl. Place remaining juice in a separate bowl. Spread 1/4 cup cream mixture over a large serving plate to form a 20cm x 28cm rectangle. Working quickly and using 21 biscuits, dip each biscuit into juice. Arrange biscuits on cream mixture in 3 rows to form a rectangle. Spread with 3/4 cup of cream mixture. Arrange 1/4 of the strawberry slices, in a single layer, over cream mixture. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons jam mixture. Spread with 3/4 cup of cream mixture.
- Step 3Repeat process 2 times with biscuits, cream mixture, strawberries and jam mixture, then finish with a layer of biscuits and a thin layer of cream mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until cream has set and biscuits have softened.
- Step 4Remove from fridge. Top with whipped cream, reserved strawberries and remaining jam mixture. Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
- 185g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tbs custard powder
- 1-2 tbs milk
- 3 x 200ml ctn Bulla Vanilla Flavoured Thick Cream, lightly whipped
- 500g strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced
- 230g ctn Fresh Berry Farm berries in sauce
- White Tim Tams, chopped, to sprinkle
- Step 1Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Draw eighteen 7.5cm-diameter circles on paper, allowing room for spreading.
- Step 2Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Fold in the flours, custard powder and milk, alternately, until just smooth.
- Step 3Divide the mixture evenly among the circles. Use a pallet knife to spread to the edges. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pale golden. Set aside on the trays to cool.
- Step 4Place a shortcake on each serving plate. Top with one-third of the cream, strawberries and berry sauce. Repeat the layers, finishing with the berry sauce. Sprinkle with Tim Tams.